script keep logging into the same hotmail account

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

brunop
Junior Coder

script keep logging into the same hotmail account

Post by brunop » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:45 pm

Hi

im trying to use the webrecorder to create a script that logs into multiple accounts.

first i type in http://www.hotmail.com in the upper window of webrecorder. then the page loads and i type in login and pass and clicks login. then i wait for the page to load.

now i want to leave that window open and open a new one where i can login to another hotmail account. i press the "new" button next to where i typed in http://www.hotmail.com - then a new completely blank screen opens in a new tab and it select it and type in http://www.hotmail.com

now the problem is that instead of going to the login page so that i can sign in with a new account i am sent directly in to the first account so that i now have two windows/tabs that are logged into the same hotmail account.

How do i avoid that?

Bruno

Me_again
Automation Wizard

Post by Me_again » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:37 pm

Can you manually login to two different hotmail accounts at the same time on the same PC? Other webmail systems don't allow that...

Rain
Automation Wizard

Post by Rain » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:24 pm

Only way to log in to 2 different hotmail accounts is with 2 different browser that don't use the same cookie, like Internet Explorer and Firefox.

Bob Hansen
Automation Wizard

Post by Bob Hansen » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:46 pm

How about multiple tabs in Firefox and deleting cookies?
Untested method:

Open Firefox
login to account 1.
Tools / Clear Private Data / Clear Cookies
New Tab
Login to account2.
Tools / Clear Private Data / Clear Cookies
New Tab
Login to account3.

ETC.
Hope this was helpful..................good luck,
Bob
A humble man and PROUD of it!

Me_again
Automation Wizard

Post by Me_again » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:05 pm

I suspect the cookie may be necessary for the account to work.

Sandboxing should work though, open each browser instance in its own sandbox.

brunop
Junior Coder

Post by brunop » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:07 pm

i can log into several at the same time.

if i manually open a IE window and go to hotmail.com and login, then open another IE window and go to hotmail.com i am sent to the login page and from there i can access my other hotmail account at the same time. but if i use the webrecorder i keep getting sent directly to the other open account.

what to do?

Bruno

brunop
Junior Coder

Post by brunop » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:51 pm

before i understood the potential of this program i have used another program where i only used mouseclicks - this took forever since i had to let i wait a long time between each command so that i was sure everything was loaded. here i could easily open 10 hotmail accounts at the same time so it is possible to do that. now i just need a clever way to do that without all the delays of my old script

Bruno

Marcus Tettmar
Site Admin

Post by Marcus Tettmar » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:54 pm

Sounds like your script is referring to the first IE instance, rather than the new one. I understand you are using WebRecorder? You need to create a new IE browser window with the Create function. This returns a handle to the new IE window. Make sure you use that handle variable in the Navigate function so that when you navigate to hotmail you go to the correct browser window. If you use the handle variable from the first call to Create you will navigate to the first window. e.g.:

IE_Create>0,IE[0]
IE_Navigate>%IE[0]%,www.hotmail.com,r
IE_Create>0,IE[1]
IE_Navigate>%IE[1]%,www.hotmail.com,r

Note we start with IE[0] and then use IE[1]. Each refers to a different browser window.
Marcus Tettmar
http://mjtnet.com/blog/ | http://twitter.com/marcustettmar

Did you know we are now offering affordable monthly subscriptions for Macro Scheduler Standard?

brunop
Junior Coder

Post by brunop » Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:27 pm

Hi

yes i did the mistake of just copying the first command to the next hotmail command so they were all called [0]

but it is getting stranger and stanger.

i started out testing by creating a script with webrecorder that would open only the first hotmail account.
this works very well.

then i added to the script so that it would open both the first and the second hotmail.
Now when the script opens the FIRST explorer window it goes directly to the first hotmail account. even if all old browserwindows containing that account had been closed.
then i tried to open a broserwindow manually and go to hotmail.com and is sent correctly to the login page.

Somehow the webrecorder must be doing something else than from what i do manually. i dont know what that could be, but to me it is very odd

hope you have an idea

kindly

Bruno