Classes

Ideas for new features & functions

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

stbede77

Classes

Post by stbede77 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:17 am

I really enjoy MS and have been using it for a while now... a number of the macros I have put together have started to get really big. Some are over 12,000 lines long. With code being that length it can be really hard telling people what each thing does and even if I comment things it is still hard to find what your looking for. So I would suggest adding something like classes sort of like in C++... if that is to much then you could make it so people could create sections that are tabed at the top of the macro code. You could have 5 tabs that are like 5 docs but really when the macro is run they are all concant together and run through. Thus making it easy to sort through large macros.

Marcus Tettmar
Site Admin

Post by Marcus Tettmar » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:41 am

Have you seen the new Include statement? That might help.
Marcus Tettmar
http://mjtnet.com/blog/ | http://twitter.com/marcustettmar

Did you know we are now offering affordable monthly subscriptions for Macro Scheduler Standard?

stbede77

Post by stbede77 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:14 pm

Ah very cool... didnt know that was around... but for those of us that make exe's... it doesnt help us very much since the code is there for all to look at.

Me_again
Automation Wizard

Post by Me_again » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:59 am

stbede77 wrote:Ah very cool... didnt know that was around... but for those of us that make exe's... it doesnt help us very much since the code is there for all to look at.
Yes, it would be really nice if the compiler included the includes in the .exe :cry:

stbede77

Post by stbede77 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:49 am

Its been almost 4 months or so since I started this thread and since then I have created a number of macros. A number of them run between 10 to 18 thousand lines long. The only problem that I am running into now is due to the length of the code. Like I stated before it would greatly help to have the option to add classes to keep all the code in order. (I still rather not put all my code out in the open for people to look at.)

Anyone agree with this idea?

-Stbede

(I am using Macro Scheduler Pro 9.2.01 full version to compile my exe's)

pgriffin
Automation Wizard

Post by pgriffin » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:07 am

What sort of job requires a macro to be in excess of 10,000 lines? Just curious.

Me_again
Automation Wizard

Post by Me_again » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:14 am

I have the same reaction, 18,000 lines of code :shock:

stbede77

Post by stbede77 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:05 pm

Well one of them sends a request to the server asking what jobs have, will and are being run. Then it takes all the info and sends out emails each person updating them on their jobs. If the job is done it attaches the info to the email. It also takes each job as it is finished and places info into a database so to track the usage of each user. It checks to see if users are over their time limit and sends emails out get OKs from people in charge. If they respond with a yes KEY then it okay's the use of the people. If they respond with a no KEY it suspends the use on the server...

I have had to create a "Master" macro that is a GUI that controls the sub macros. The above is just one of many that reports back to the master macro and depending on what it reports the master macro runs corresponding subs.

The macros have saved us a large amount of time but like I said "it would greatly help to have the option to add classes to keep all the code in order"

-Stbede

PS what are you guys writting macros for?

Macro_Guy

Post by Macro_Guy » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:30 pm

I love Macro Scheduler and have been using it for some time now. I have been scanning the forum for tips and never felt an urge to post anything. When I saw a post about classes it hit me like a tone of bricks. I would love to see this added into Macro Scheduler. I to have macros that are around the same size.

Macro Guy!

stbede77

Post by stbede77 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:25 am

I just wanted to say thanks for the include command in the new version 10 MS! Not as good as classes but still its better then nothing. :D