"Last Modified" updated, but only looked at macro

Ideas for new features & functions

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

jpuziano
Automation Wizard

"Last Modified" updated, but only looked at macro

Post by jpuziano » Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:43 pm

Hi Support,

In the Macro Scheduler Main Window there is a column called "Last Modified". I often sort the Main Window by this column as I like to have the macros I've been working on recently near the top.

While looking through some macros today, I noticed the "Last Modified" values were being updated just from having looked at the macro in the built-in editor, no changes had been made or saved.

Then I tried this from the Properties window for a macro (double-click macro in Main window) and the same thing would happen if I closed the window by clicking OK... but it would not happen if I clicked Cancel.

Then I thought it might have something to do with trailing spaces as some of the macros had them and the warning did pop up... but this same thing happened with macros that didn't contain any trailing spaces.

Has anyone ever noticed the "Last Modified" value being changed just from having looked at a macro in the editor?
Last edited by jpuziano on Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:12 am, edited 4 times in total.
jpuziano

Note: If anyone else on the planet would find the following useful...
[Open] PlayWav command that plays from embedded script data
...then please add your thoughts/support at the above post - :-)

JRL
Automation Wizard

Post by JRL » Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:12 am

Has anyone ever noticed the "Last Modified" value being changed just from having looked at a macro in the editor?
http://www.mjtnet.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... ght=update

First noticed this a year ago but didn't say anything until this past May. Discussed it with support off the forum trying to come up with a way to replicate it because it was not happening every time. They finally resolved it and proclaimed that it was fixed in version 7.4.005. No further problems with it until I installed 7.4.009 last Thursday and noticed on Friday that the problem was back. I haven't yet downloaded or installed the version 8 beta and was hoping to check it to see if the problem existed there before I brought it up again.

You don't say which version you're working with.

Later,
Dick

jpuziano
Automation Wizard

Post by jpuziano » Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:24 am

Thanks for posting that JRL. The version of Macro Scheduler I'm using here is 8.0 beta 007 running on XP SP2. And agreed, it doesn't happen every single time... but certainly enough to be noticed now in this latest version.

The other version I have running is 7.4.007 on Windows 98 SE but I've since imported all macros over to 8.0 beta 007 as that's where we're heading. We might as well report any problems we can find now... before the official 8.0 release.
jpuziano

Note: If anyone else on the planet would find the following useful...
[Open] PlayWav command that plays from embedded script data
...then please add your thoughts/support at the above post - :-)