Adding Voice recognition to MS? Here's How I do it.

Ideas for new features & functions

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

Dave

Adding Voice recognition to MS? Here's How I do it.

Post by Dave » Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:42 am

I thought of suggesting that Macro Scheduler add voice recognition and text to speech, for an added ]<ool factor. This would add size to the software for functionality that not everyone would find useful. Since I first bought Macro Scheduler I have used it with a program called IVOS (Intelligent Voice Operating System). This Program allows you to add a voice command to keystrokes, and has some functionality similar to Macro Scheduler but not nearly as powerful or as many functions. I am currently doing some experimentation with another program called Ultra Hal made by Zabaware. This program is a chatterbot that has some pretty realistic looking avatars and uses voice recognition. The important part is that you can edit the brain file, and it uses VB Script. Mabe some of you can see where I am going with this, if I can get Ultra Hal integrated with Macros made with Macro Scheduler it would add some personality to to our computers. But while this just remains an experiment for now, you can definately get the job done via voice with IVOS.
Note I am not affiliated in any way with the companys that make IVOS, or Ultra Hal, but am suggesting it for those whom might want this type of functionality with Macro Scheduler and may not be aware that its out there.
Dave