going to a label or sub routine based on key input

Hints, tips and tricks for newbies

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

guest1

going to a label or sub routine based on key input

Post by guest1 » Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:48 pm

Is it posssible to go to a certain label or sub routine based on input. I would like to avoid using the input>, I don't need a dialog box.

Example like this..

if>keypressed = k, label1
if>keypressed = abcd, label2
etc..

Thanks in Advance

Bob Hansen
Automation Wizard

Post by Bob Hansen » Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:14 pm

Don't think you can do it with Macro Scheduler, unless.....

1. Using VB script within Macro Scheduler to trap keyinput? but I don't know if that is possible, just trying to think of options.

2. Use an Input> command but minimize the window. Probably won't work either because I think you will need focus.

3. Make a set of "hot-key" macros to pick up the actions at the Label>s you have in mind. So when "k" is entered, it calls macro label1. But even if this worked, you'd be using hot-key combos vs. straight keyboard. So I guess this idea is also no good.

4. Whatever solution you come up with will probably have to disable your normal keyboard inputs. So maybe you need a utility to temporarily take over your keyboard? I have not used it yet, but I heard good things about KDWin 3.1, available at: http://www.troy.am/dictionary which is supposed to allow you to do some types of remapping on your keuboard.

But all in all, I will be very surprised if you can do this trap of the keyboard in the middle of a Macro Scheduler script. Will be interested in your results.
Hope this was helpful..................good luck,
Bob
A humble man and PROUD of it!

Lumumba

Post by Lumumba » Mon May 03, 2004 9:11 pm

I guess Bob knows (as well as I do) which scripting tool would be able to provide this functionality, but we're both not allowed to post it here cause its against this forums (mjtnet's) policy.

Post an email adress (maybe a temporary one) and you'll get it ...

Bob Hansen
Automation Wizard

Post by Bob Hansen » Mon May 03, 2004 9:37 pm

Hi Lumumba, I don't think I have ever seen MJTNET remove a message because another program was mentioned. I have seen that happen on other forums, but never here. A simple mention should be tolerated, a blatent advertisement would be out of the question though.

So now I am curious about which scripting tool I know about that could handle this.
I wonder, aughta it be obvious to me without you mentioning it?
Last edited by Bob Hansen on Mon May 03, 2004 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob

Lumumba

Post by Lumumba » Mon May 03, 2004 10:09 pm

That statement was based on my own experience with one of my postings. To be honest, I recommended a tool using a direct link to its webpage.

That posting has been removed, which I've accepted - cause Macro Scheduler isn't for free and why they should provide a plattform which points to competitors ?

But it was just a response to a request in this forum no add. I'm a user and have no benefit from anything i've ever recommended here or there and everywhere :roll:

If you wanna check what I'm talking about google for: GetKeyState ahk

You will easily realize that you already know minimum one of both mentioned apps (I've "seen" you at their forum :wink: )

Bob Hansen
Automation Wizard

Post by Bob Hansen » Mon May 03, 2004 10:40 pm

You will easily realize that you already know minimum one of both mentioned apps
Yes, like you, I have many tools in the toolbox. No one tool will ever do everything. And I also have no vested interest when mentioning other tools, just trying to work together to come up with sensible solutions..

I thought I was being quite bold in my earlier response:
I wonder, aughta it be obvious to me without you mentioning it?
but I guess you missed that.

While I am here Lumumba, I just want to pass on a sincere "Thank You" to you for all the help you have provided on Macro Scheduler forum. Your help has been invaluable. Macro Scheduler is a great product and people like you help to provide a great forum.
Bob