Get email aleart, log into website and click select

Hints, tips and tricks for newbies

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

wilfredtr

Get email aleart, log into website and click select

Post by wilfredtr » Wed Dec 17, 2003 11:29 pm

Hello everyone, I'm new to using this macro program and I was wondering if it could do the following: Wait for an email in Outlook for a certain email domain, open a browser to a website, login and click a botton that says "accept". I read the manual and frankly I have no idea of how to start if it's even possible. HELP! -wilfred

Bob Hansen
Automation Wizard

Post by Bob Hansen » Thu Dec 18, 2003 6:27 am

The quick answer is YES, you will be able to do that.

The toughest part will probably be monitoring Outlook for the incoming email. Have you tried using Outlook rules to send off an "Accept" email in response vs. trying to do this?

If you cannot get rules in Outlook, and decide to use Macro Schedler for the solution, then I would think you will end up with something like this:
============================
A. Create a rule in Outlook to instantly move the incoming message into a predefined folder.
B. Use Macro Scheduler to create a script to do the following:

1. Make a loop that will use VB script in Macro Scheduler to check a folder for a message. Use loop to control frequency of checking.
2. If message does not exist, end script.
3. If message does exist, use VB script to move/delete the existing message. Do not want to process again on the same message.
4. Run Program> to open browser to URL.
5. Tab*n to the "Accept" button.
6. Press ENTER
// Next lines to close browser
7. Press ALT
8. Send>F4
9. Release ALT
==============================
These steps are a rough overview of the approach. Hope this gets you started with a solution.

You can forget about all of the VB portions if you are willing to trigger the Macro Scheduler script manually. When you see the message in the predefined Outlook folder, just trigger the macro manually (you can create a hot-key to trigger it), then manually delete the message, and/or move it, and/or mark it as Read, or something so you don't react twice. If you can work like that, then your script only needs to consist of steps 4-9 which you can almost cut and paste and inlude the info for your browser to run and the number of tabs to get to the button.

Or maybe do this in 2 phases. Phase 1 is the quick and dirty manual process. Phase 2 is to add the VB script to check for the message and modify it as done.
Hope this was helpful..................good luck,
Bob
A humble man and PROUD of it!