using the "waitrectchanged" script command

Hints, tips and tricks for newbies

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

Uslessnoob

using the "waitrectchanged" script command

Post by Uslessnoob » Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:45 pm

I'm brand new to macro scheduler, so bear with me here. I wrote a macro to help me log on to a game faster. once your on, the game will atomaticly boot you if you don't move in 15 minutes. So, first I tried to add this to the end of my macro.

Waitrectchanged>68,70,120,140,0
lable>start
press up
wait>50
press down
wait>50
goto>start

When it logged me on to my game, it didn't execute that portion of the script. So I thought "maybe if i make it its own macro..." So I made just the part starting at label its own script and added

macro>aaa.scp

to the old one. That didn't work eaither. It doesn't seem to recognize the rectangle I put in changing. Someone please help me! I'm soooo frustrated!!! :evil:

Lumumba

Post by Lumumba » Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:35 pm

WaitRectChanged could be a challenge. Regarding its performance ...
Maybe you miss the 15 min deadline :oops:
Note: The algorithm used in this function is very computationally intensive and will take some time to complete. The larger the rectangle, the longer the function will take to return. Bear this in mind when setting the timeout value. The command can't timeout within the timeout value if it is still working hard calculating the checksum.
Regarding the Macro> thing, maybe that helps ...
It is also advisable to specify the full path should the path change during the execution of the calling macro.

Uslessnoob

Post by Uslessnoob » Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:35 am

thanks lumumba, but I'm still a little confuesed.
Maybe you miss the 15 min deadline
does that mean that you have to give the program 15 minutes to recognize the change?

Maybe it would be easier for me to just lay my problem out for you guys and see if you can come up with a different way for me to do this. The foreground screen changes hundreds of times before it actually lets you get on the game, so I can't use waitwindowchange, and I can't change the focus window. Maybe I'm just missing something, but I really can't figure this out.

Lumumba

Post by Lumumba » Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:42 am

Maybe it would be easier for me to just lay my problem out
that c-/would help 8)

Uslessnoob

Post by Uslessnoob » Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:49 pm

Sorry about that, I totally lost my train of thought and trailed off... O.K. This is what i need to make my macro do. Open the game (tibia), press the "enter game" button, wait for the log on window to open, input my account name, press tab, input my password, press enter, wait for the character window to open, press enter, and then wait (possibly more than 2 hours) for it log me on to the game. From there I need to press the up and down keys every minute or so.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Lumumba

Post by Lumumba » Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:29 pm

That's said at http://www.tibia.com's quikstart guide.
Now you are ready to start playing. Go to your windows desktop and double-click on the Tibia icon to start the game client. On the title screen simply click on "Enter Game". Once you have entered your account data a menu will be displayed. Double-click on the name of the character you have created. The client will now connect to the game server and your character can start his career as an adventurer. Please note that if too many players are online on the selected game world, you will have to wait a while before you can log in. The client will show your current position in the login queue and automatically try to login your character after the displayed waiting period.
You can use the below as a starting point (without being adjusted by you, it won't run), or record a script using MScheds script recorder.
Run program>tibia.exe
WaitWindowOpen>...
Press ENTER
WaitWindowOpen>...
Send>AccountName
Press Tab
Send>MyPassword
Press ENTER
WaitWindowOpen>...
Press Enter

Uslessnoob

Post by Uslessnoob » Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:48 am

wow, thanks. It seems so simple the way you layed it out. I was using mousemove commands to click the buttons and move to different text boxes :? well thanks again, I'm gonna go try this out and see if it works. I'll come back here if I have any more problems.