How to stop a hung script?

Hints, tips and tricks for newbies

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

Indebele

How to stop a hung script?

Post by Indebele » Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:13 am

Hi,

I am trying to write a script and while testing it MS gets snagged. I believe that happens when waiting for a window (WaitWindowOpen>) (At least that is what last line in the single step debugger exicuted) Anyway, how can I stop a script when I need to.

A message comes up in the upper right hand corner about me working in a 30 day trial version, etc. I have tried Ctrl-Esc Shift-Esc Ctrl-C Ctrl-Alt-S. I wanted to get a couple scripts working b4 deciding to buy the program and this sure is slowing me down!

Any help would be appreciated.

Indebele

support
Automation Wizard

Post by support » Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:40 am

If it is just waiting for a window to open it could of course wait indefinitely. You can set a timeout for this command. See the help file.

In any case you should be able to stop the script with the hotkey assigned to stopping scripts (by default this is SHIFT-ESC but it can be set under Tools/Options so see what it is set to in your case). Or just right click on the Macro Scheduler icon in the system tray and select Break, or click the Stop button on the toolbar or select Run/Break from the menu.
MJT Net Support
[email protected]

Indebele

Post by Indebele » Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:43 am

Yes, I have the default SHIFT-ESC which doesn't work. Nor does right-click BREAK work. It is greyed out when this problem comes up.

Just the yellow note in the upper righthand corner, "Macro Scheduler Eval Script Running. Register at http://www.macroscheduler.com"

My method has been to kill the process "msched.exe". What would the side effects be to doing this?

Thanks for your reply.