MS-related boot problem

Hints, tips and tricks for newbies

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

wdc
Junior Coder

MS-related boot problem

Post by wdc » Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:04 pm

Can you please help me with this MacroScheduler-related boot problem? My pc is Pentium III with Windows98 OS. My internet connection is via cable. I am using MS 5.1.1.

1. On boot, after my desktop of icons appears, my pc is not functional for about two minutes.

2. At the end of that period I get an InternetExplorer –type screen, titled Macro Scheduler with this in the Address slot:

C:\WINDOWS\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp\Macro Scheduler

The screen itself shows four icons of MS modules:
 Macro Scheduler Help
 MacroScheduler
 Remove MacroScheduler
 Script Editor

3. Only after I close the screen (by clicking the X in the upper right corner) can I actually use my pc, e.g. activate WORD or the IE icon.

What is going on here? How can I eliminate this two minute “hold?â€Â

support
Automation Wizard

Post by support » Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:56 pm

This is a bit bizarre!

What is in your Startup folder? Is there a shortcut in there? Sounds like there is a shortcut to the Macro Scheduler Program Group. If so, I'd delete it. Certainly something in Startup is causing an Explorer Window to pop up in the Macro Scheduler program group.
MJT Net Support
[email protected]

wdc
Junior Coder

Post by wdc » Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:27 am

Support: I did remove the shortcut to MS and that window no longer pops up. Still it takes what seems like a long (longer) time after the icons appear before my pc is really ready to run. I think I must have too many programs in my StratUp folder. Or it may be that something has caused my pc to respond slowly to tasks; that seems to be the case.

I will continue to explore. Thanks for your help.

wdc