Read memory address inside an application for script support

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

kurararara

Read memory address inside an application for script support

Post by kurararara » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:51 pm

Hello. I'm afraid because I didn't find anything about this, so let's see if it's possible with Macro Scheduler.

I have a ready .lua script that need some values inside a 3rd party application in order to working correctly. Originally, I used to pick a memory reader hooked into this application and look for the values manually. Whoever, I wondered if I can scan an application memory and insert the needed values manually in a popup window asking for it, in a more automatized way.

Making it simple, is it possible in MSched? If not, which is the best way to do that more automatically than a manual checking? Is memory address reading possible with plain .lua? It would make my job easier, since the needed values aren't shown in the screen, but they are generated by this application by doing determinate actions inside it, like clicking in a button/textbox to change it's status or configuration.

Any recomendations are welcome.

Marcus Tettmar
Site Admin

Re: Read memory address inside an application for script support

Post by Marcus Tettmar » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:51 am

There's no way to read a memory address from inside an application using Macro Scheduler. There are functions to access caption texts in windows objects and there are functions for getting text from the screen. So if the info is on the screen there may be a way to do it. But, no, there's no way to read another processes memory space. You can call some Win32 API functions via LibFunc, so that *may* be a way to do it. I'm not sure.
Marcus Tettmar
http://mjtnet.com/blog/ | http://twitter.com/marcustettmar

Did you know we are now offering affordable monthly subscriptions for Macro Scheduler Standard?