ScreenCapture> ...

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

Lumumba

ScreenCapture> ...

Post by Lumumba » Tue May 25, 2004 2:55 pm

a) Well I'm trapped on the same issue as Horoscopes2000 has dealt with ages ago (and havn't found any statement from MJTNet support/Marcus Tettmar about a fix/update) :?
Also there seems to be a lot of white space around the generated jpg or bmp.

[more ...]

b) But there's an additional issue: How could I use commandline parameters combined with a compiled Macro Scheduler script ?

I've tried to accomplish this: ...\Screenshot.exe /X1=10 /X2=10 /Y1=200 /Y2=300
to feed this executable, but i'm stuck ...

My workaround:
Day>DD
Month>MM
Year>YYYY
Hour>hh
Min>mm
Sec>ss

GetClipboard>coords
Separate>coords,;,param
If>param_count4,Error

ScreenCapture>%param_1%,%param_2%,%param_3%,%param_4%,%DD%%MM%%YYYY%%hh%%mm%%ss%.bmp
Exit

Label>Error
MessageModal>Bah, not able to set the correct number of parameters. Go back to mum!
Exit
Another option would be to set the parameters as key values in an INI file, but TBH - an executable not able to work with params, that sucks ... :roll:

Back to a)

Lumumba

Post by Lumumba » Sat May 29, 2004 4:43 pm

Still no response :(

Bob Hansen
Automation Wizard

Post by Bob Hansen » Sat May 29, 2004 4:50 pm

Hey Lumumba, I would be glad to reply.

But I don't know what the question is.

Is it the white space around the image?
Is it passing command line paramters?
Is is coordinate capturing?

It's probably none of the the above......help me to help you.
Hope this was helpful..................good luck,
Bob
A humble man and PROUD of it!

Lumumba

Post by Lumumba » Sat May 29, 2004 7:12 pm

Hu,
train a trainer :lol: :wink: I appreciate that :!:

Yep. A bit of both.
I've compiled a script (Screenshot.exe) which should provide this:

Create a screen capture of a region of the screen. Its coordinates should be set by using variables which are provided as parameters to the executable.
Is it the white space around the image?
Yep. That's the one.
Is it passing command line paramters?
Yep. To the compiled exe. That's the other one.
Is is coordinate capturing?
If you mean that I try to get something like a WaitRectChanged-look-alike, your right. :wink:

Thx.

Bob Hansen
Automation Wizard

Post by Bob Hansen » Sat May 29, 2004 9:39 pm

OK. I see that I have already confirmed that as a bug for Horoscopes2000. I had forgotten about that, and I agree, no answer has been forthcoming from MJT, kind of unusual.

Try these comments on for size:
1. Re passing the command line parameters.:
Can you have screenshot.exe called in a batch file using DOS parameters?
Like ...\screenshot.exe %1 %2 %3 %4 %5
Macro Scheduler would call the batch file like this:
Run Program>command.com /c %param_1%,%param_2%,%param_3%,%param_4%,%DD%%MM%%YYYY%%hh%%mm%%ss%.bmp

2. Re the white space, Since this is a bug, then perhaps it may require a different way to do the screen capture. This is not a solution, but the problem does make me think of a utility that has been very useful to me for a few years. Thought I would mention it here.

The program name is HardCopy. The English version is available for downloading at: http://www.hardcopy.de/hardcopy/english/

It is freeware, but a registered version with 175 page manual is available for only $15. Comparison of features between free and registered can be seen at http://www.hardcopy.de/hardcopy/english/pv.php3

It is an image processing utility but has some nice features for screen captures and processing of the results. It adds an icon to your SysTray and you can also make hot keys, and right click tools.

I am not aware of any command line capabilities, but I don't have the registered version, which may include that.
Hope this was helpful..................good luck,
Bob
A humble man and PROUD of it!

Dorian (MJT support)
Automation Wizard

Post by Dorian (MJT support) » Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:21 am

That white space issue certainly is a pain. I "cured" it by using imagemagick though. As for using switches n the exe, i wasn't even aware that was possible!

Just Lurking

Post by Just Lurking » Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:21 pm

HyperSnap http://www.hyperionics.com/ has a bunch of command line capture options and works well with Macro Scheduler. The older version 4.52 is the best for this purpose.

Lumumba

Post by Lumumba » Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:57 pm

Hopefully the one who has decided to delete/censor my posting on that thread (from this morning) is willing to have such a close look on my one as well and even better, will be willing to enlighten us ... :)

Lumumba

Post by Lumumba » Fri Jul 09, 2004 7:05 am

MJTNet Support! Any improvement ! Feedback would be very much appreciated. Thx.