Functions?

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

Warren
Pro Scripter

Functions?

Post by Warren » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:24 am

I'm not sure if I'm blind, tired, or just missing something, but I just read through nearly everything in the help section, and searched several times on here, and I'm not seeing a few basic but crucial elements. Maybe I'm using the wrong terminology for searches.

I'll break this down into one issue per thread to help keep the forum organized.

First issue: How do I "functionize" the following so that I can just have the script in one spot, and call it in a single line everywhere else while passing parameters to it.

So, something like: functionPressButton>buttonName,imageTolerance

Code: Select all

Let>buttonName=(INPUT BUTTON NAME)
  Let>imageTolerance=(INPUT IMAGE TOLERANCE)

FindImagePos>%SCRIPT_DIR%\%buttonName%.bmp,SCREEN,%imageTolerance%,1,X,Y,Num,CCOEFF

IF>Num<>1
    MessageModal>{%buttonName%+" # found:  "+%Num%}
  ELSE
    MouseMove>X_0,Y_0
    LClick
  ENDIF
Thx

JRL
Automation Wizard

Re: Functions?

Post by JRL » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:27 am

//Save as PressButton.scp

FindImagePos>%SCRIPT_DIR%\%buttonName%.bmp,SCREEN,%imageTolerance%,1,X,Y,Num,CCOEFF

IF>Num<>1
  MessageModal>%buttonName% found: %Num%
ELSE
  MouseMove>X_0,Y_0
  LClick
ENDIF

//run as second script:

Let>buttonName=MyButton
Let>imageTolerance=0.7
Include>\path\PressButton.scp

//Alternatively,  run from outside of Macro Scheduler perhaps from vb or from a command line:

\path\PressButton.scp /buttonName=MyButton /imageTolerance=0.7

Warren
Pro Scripter

Post by Warren » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:34 am

OK, thx. I get the first method. Actually, I was just reading up on includes in MS. I'd have to dig into the second example to see how or where it should be used.

Is there, then, no function shorthand so all the variable names don't need to be typed out each time along the lines of:

functionButton>1,2,3,4,5,6

vs.

Let>firstVariable=1
Let>secondVariable=2
Let>thirdVariable=3
Let>fourthVariable=4
Let>fifthVariable=5
Let>sixthVariable=6
INCLUDE>%SCRIPT_DIR%\Button.scp

Seems like the functionality (no pun intended) may exist be because that's how some of the built in functions work. For instance, when using WaitScreenImage, I just type all the values in separated by commas instead of a long list of let statements with full variable names.

This also brings up a related question. How would I have the function assign a default value for a particular case that is always used UNLESS I have assigned a particular value for the current call (and making sure it doesn't store my value from last time I called it)

So, if I call it the first time WITH imageTolerance defined:

Let>buttonName=firstButton
Let>imageTolerance=1
Then it uses a value of 1 for imageTolerance, but if I call it again WITHOUT defining imageTolerance:

Let>buttonName=secondButton
Then it goes back to using it's predefined value instead since it is not user defined on this call?

JRL
Automation Wizard

Post by JRL » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:05 am

Is there, then, no function shorthand so all the variable names don't need to be typed out each time along the lines of:
Look up help for GoSub>. Turn the included script into a subroutine then after including it you could have a gosub> line and that line can contain parameters passed to the subroutine that is now part of the script via the include.

//This is now the look of PressButton.scp (yes the script and sub can have the same name) 
SRT>PressButton
  FindImagePos>%SCRIPT_DIR%\%PressButton_var_1%.bmp,SCREEN,%PressButton_var_2%,1,X,Y,Num,CCOEFF
  IF>Num<>1
  ELSE
    MouseMove>X_0,Y_0
    LClick
  ENDIF
END>PressButton

GoSub>PressButton,MyButton,0.7
How would I have the function assign a default value for a particular case that is always used UNLESS I have assigned a particular value for the current call (and making sure it doesn't store my value from last time I called it)
Add LOCALVARS=1 See help for SRT>
Also add a test to see if PressButton_var_2 has no value or an empty value (because you presented no value in the parameter position) assign a "default" value.

Let>LOCALVARS=1

SRT>PressButton
  //test is case sensitive
  If>{(%PressButton_var_2%="PressButton_var_2")or(%PressButton_var_2%="")}
    Let>PressButton_var_2=0.5
  EndIf
  FindImagePos>%SCRIPT_DIR%\%PressButton_var_1%.bmp,SCREEN,%PressButton_var_2%,1,X,Y,Num,CCOEFF
  IF>Num<>1
  ELSE
    MouseMove>X_0,Y_0
    LClick
  ENDIF
END>PressButton

Warren
Pro Scripter

Post by Warren » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:17 am

Awesome, thanks.

That's exactly what I was looking for. I had stumbled across a few posts touching on those subjects, but found them confusing.

Much clearer now,and I know what to dig into further.