Macro Speed Control

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

JimmyG

Macro Speed Control

Post by JimmyG » Wed Nov 27, 2002 11:33 pm

I'm tweaking a macro that captures text from an emulator display, presses an enter key on the emulator to advance to the next screen and appends these screens to a text file. The problem is the macro appears to run too fast and sometimes skips a screen.

Is there a way other than 'Wait>' to ensure each screen safely makes it to the clipboard for pasting? Does the 'RP_WAIT' functionality apply to anything other than 'Run Program>' commands?

SUG

Post by SUG » Wed Nov 27, 2002 11:46 pm

Unfortunately, sometimes MacroScheduler goes too fast. Well, you can fill up the macros with instructions like Wait, WaitWindowOpen, WaitPixelColor and so on. What a boring thing!

See in "Another suggestions". I think that it would very good a variable like RP_TASKDONE that make the script to wait till the task is done (appear a Window, save a file or something like this) before to execute the next instruction. I hope it appear in later realeases.
:x

Ernest

Post by Ernest » Thu Nov 28, 2002 12:13 am

Hi JimmyG,
maybe that's OK ...

Code: Select all

//set line variable
Let>text= 

//should work that script stops till window has appeared. Check cmdref. for parameters !
WaitReady>1

//take content from clipboard
GetClipboard>line

//save line content to a variable
ConCat, text, %line%%CRLF%
do the same with the other screens, afterwards ...

Code: Select all

//now you've finished to capture all lines, write variable to the dest. file
WLN>C:\emuCont.txt, result, %text%
Rgds
Ernest

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 28, 2002 11:52 am

SUG wrote:Unfortunately, sometimes MacroScheduler goes too fast. Well, you can fill up the macros with instructions like Wait, WaitWindowOpen, WaitPixelColor and so on. What a boring thing!
What a stupid comment.

Not long ago you were complaining that it wouldn't go fast enough. Now you're saying it's too fast, sometimes. Surely now you see the problem with your orginal suggestion?

Building the equivalent of AI into Macro Scheduler would seem to be what you are after. Even that would need some horrendous rules engine to drive it all. I'd much rather Marcus concentrate the core abililites and am happy to work around what are really Windows issues as and when I strike them.

That doesn't mean I don't pine for improvements and simplifications in Macro Scheduler... just that I don't want to pay a price in terms of my investment in existing code to achieve it.
SUG wrote:See in "Another suggestions". I think that it would very good a variable like RP_TASKDONE that make the script to wait till the task is done (appear a Window, save a file or something like this) before to execute the next instruction. I hope it appear in later realeases.
I certainly hope it doesn't! There simply is no way for the Script to deteremine what I want it to do.

SUG, I suggest you look at http://www.typingmaster.com.au if typing a few extra commands is causing a problem :wink:

JimmyG

Post by JimmyG » Thu Nov 28, 2002 8:20 pm

Thanks for the input. Out of the office today, but look forward to trying Ernest's suggestions when I return. :D