Problem with [IEGetFromURL] & [IEWaitDocumentComplete]

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

Torkas

Problem with [IEGetFromURL] & [IEWaitDocumentComplete]

Post by Torkas » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:04 pm

Hello everyone !

Sorry my bad english ..., I have a problem with the [IEWaitDocumentComplete] command when I use [IEGetFromURL] to capture the IE instance of any Internet Explorer window.

The problem occurs when I open any Internet Explorer window manually and I use [IEGetFromURL] command to capture the IE instance, then I use [IENavigate] to navigate and finally I use the [IEWaitDocumentComplete] command for If the load process isn't OK. In this case the [IEWaitDocumentComplete] command DOESN'T WORK and PAUSE the script ! Why ???

However, If you create the IE instance with [IECreate] command, then you use [IENavigate] to navigate and finally you use the [IEWaitDocumentComplete] to wait the load process this last command works correctly !

Is it not the same ? I don't understand ... ... ... :(

Marcus Tettmar
Site Admin

Re: Problem with [IEGetFromURL] & [IEWaitDocumentComplete]

Post by Marcus Tettmar » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:40 am

This is because for IEWaitDocumentComplete to work it depends on some "event listeners" which are only created when IECreate is called. When you create the instance manually there is no event listener for that instance.
Marcus Tettmar
http://mjtnet.com/blog/ | http://twitter.com/marcustettmar

Did you know we are now offering affordable monthly subscriptions for Macro Scheduler Standard?

Torkas

Re: Problem with [IEGetFromURL] & [IEWaitDocumentComplete]

Post by Torkas » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:33 pm

Thank you so much for your answer Marcus !

Torkas