WaitWindowClose taking too long

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

tkennedy

WaitWindowClose taking too long

Post by tkennedy » Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:25 pm

Macro Scheduler V. 7.2.031 Windows XP

I have a script that checks IfWindowOpen, if yes it calls a subroutine with a WaitWindowClose statement. The widow (and Oracle SQLPus session) may take anywhere from 30 seconds to 20 minutes to complete and close.

The majority of the time the next command is executed immediately upon the Window closing. However, sometimes there is a significant delay of 10 to 30 minutes before it recognizes the window has closed and executes the next command. This hesitation is not acceptable.

I have other similar conditional code in my script that functions properly. The only difference I see is that the script is waiting longer for this window to close. Can anyone help?

Script:

IfWindowOpen>Oracle*,Wait-Window-002
Label>Section-003
Let>PRIME=C:\Program Files\RecordingModule\Launcher.exe
Exe>PRIME
Label>Wait-Window-002
WaitWindowClose>Oracle*
Goto>Section-003

***Alternate coding for subroutine***
Label>Wait-Window-002
Wait>3
IfWindowOpen>Oracle*,Wait-Window-002
Goto>Section-003

support
Automation Wizard

Post by support » Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:06 pm

Perhaps there are other hidden windows with the text 'oracle' in the title. What does View System Windows show? Try making the title more specific. Have you tried limiting the type of windows setting WF_TYPE?

The command does not wait after any matching windows have gone so there must be other matching windows after the one you see has gone. Limit the search, check View System Windows to see what other windows exist and limit the search with WF_TYPE.
MJT Net Support
[email protected]

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 31, 2004 7:00 pm

There is not another window starting with "Oracle" running. It seems to be more like something is falling into "sleep mode". If I minimize/maximize the Macro Scheduler window once or twice the process "wakes up" and continues. I have shut off any screen savers and I don't allow the monitor to turn off after inactivity. Is there anyway something could be causing this to "time out".

armsys
Automation Wizard

Post by armsys » Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:29 pm

How about your BIOS setting?

Happy scripting.

tkennedy

Post by tkennedy » Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:36 pm

Thanks, making the window title more specific seems to have done the trick.