Access violation at address 004B06CF in module 'msched.exe'.

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

ueberyak
Junior Coder

Access violation at address 004B06CF in module 'msched.exe'.

Post by ueberyak » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:48 pm

I am intermittentantly getting the following error on just one script. Unfortunately the error stops all subsequent jobs from running.
Access violation at address 004B06CF in module 'msched.exe'. Read of address 00000260.
It's not a new job and has been running daily for months without incident. This week I got it multiple times at it's scheduled run time. However, every time I have run it mannually it has worked properly. I cannot reproduce the error on my own. I do know that the job scheduled before this one ran successfully in all instances of the trouble job erroring. Also, once I click OK to clear the error, the job appears to continue to run.

Google doesn't return a single link when I search for this specific error, so I'm at a loss.

A little background on our robot setup: We have an older but serviceable computer which runs a bulk of its jobs in the wee hours of the morning when network activity and data changes are at their slowest. All of the scripts are stored on a network drive.
Thanks,
Josh

JRL
Automation Wizard

Post by JRL » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:16 pm

What is the OS on the computer running the scripts? Are Windows automatic updates turned on on this computer?

What version of Macro Scheduler are you running? Did you recently update Macro Scheduler?

Any other new hardware or software installed on this computer recently?

A month ago you mentioned you were going to add email notification to your scripts. Did you do that? Perhaps an email server connection issue?

Did something change on the server that holds the script files. For example, permission changes can cause sudden unexplained script failures.

Have you turned on logging for the script in question and the scripts that run prior to this script? You might find a previous script has not really completed.

Do you have each script individually scheduled in Macro Scheduler? If yes are you sure you have adequate time between them? I prefer to schedule one master script that calls each individual script using the Macro> function. If you're doing that, did something change in the master script?

Have you rebooted the computer?

ueberyak
Junior Coder

Post by ueberyak » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:59 pm

Dang! And I thought I was being thorough in my first post.

Updates get pushed out by IT to all computers on the network.

Macro Scheduler version: 14.0.10

I did alter all of my jobs to email me if a given network drive location is unavailable, however I'm using that same code in every single one of my macros so I'd have expected to see this error somewhere else by now and I haven't.

As far as I know, no permissions have changed on the network drive.

I just enabled logging on the script which runs before it but that script runs a very simple, fast job a full 20 minutes before this one runs. Who knows, though?

You can't go wrong with the ol' reboot! I'll do it.
Thanks,
Josh

Meryl
Staff

Post by Meryl » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:09 pm

What's the latest on this?