Window Activation problem with 7.2.043...

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

automate

Window Activation problem with 7.2.043...

Post by automate » Tue Jan 20, 2004 4:30 am

Here's another one for you guys..

I got a macro together I liked but I have problem in it activating it. I used "Advanced Schedule" and typed in the Window event title with an asterisk, and immediately after I finished, that is, hit "Ok", the tray icon started flashing, but I didn't have my target window up :? :? .

It's my screen capture program. But when I did get the target window up, nothing! Anyway, if I assign a hotkey and activate the macro that way when my window is up, the macro works fine.

Incidentally, I read the posting in May of last year about a similar Window activation problem by Mayhem (http://www.mjtnet.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... a4fdca03f2).

Mine is exactly the same problem and I have XP Home Edition, AND I followed all the recs given to him. I have used asterisk, and even a very specific one instance window name, nothing, except immediately after I enter in the name and hit ok, the tray icon flashes irrespective of whether the target window is present or not.

Schedule is enabled for that macro. Incidentally, the generic window title with asterisk I used seems to work fine in the code. I did a camera record so as to check the window title that was recorded, and simply attached an asterisk.

Like I said, it works fine in the code, and I simply cutnpaste that same title into the advanced schedule window event box.

I don't know. What's up with this :?: I may have to go look for another macro program.

Bob Hansen
Automation Wizard

Post by Bob Hansen » Tue Jan 20, 2004 4:58 am

Interesting story........sample of the code might help us to help you.
Hope this was helpful..................good luck,
Bob
A humble man and PROUD of it!

automate

Post by automate » Tue Jan 20, 2004 7:40 pm

Ok, here it is:

the actual macro script is:

IfWindowOpen>HyperSnap-DX*,
WaitWindowOpen>Save As*
WaitKeyDown>VK13 ::Wait for enter key
Press ALT * 5 ::Press Alt F4 to close remaining window
Wait>0.1
Press F4
WaitWindowOpen>HyperSnap-DX -*
MoveWindow>HyperSnap-DX -*,0,2
ResizeWindow>HyperSnap-DX -*,771,573
Wait>0.1
Release ALT

It's very simple and works when executed by a hot key, or if I have the screen capture target screens up when the macro is running. So there's nothing wrong with the body.

And in the "Advanced Schedule" box, I have run when this window appears: "HyperSnap-DX -*", this is the very first window that the screen capture program put up after I make the capture, and before the "Save As" screen.

I chose this window title because it's specific to the app, versus the Save As title which is generic.

There's no reason the title shouldn't trigger the macro, because it works in the body of the execution.