macro won't repeat, PLZ HELP

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

BLUEMOON

macro won't repeat, PLZ HELP

Post by BLUEMOON » Fri Nov 22, 2002 6:07 am

Hi i run win2k and desperatly need a macro to run for a game i have, i use the hotkeys and it starts off fine, but then it won't repeat and start over (and over and over) like i need it to, instead i have to sit here pushing ctrl+z all the time :( ....

PLZ reply to this i really wanna be able to use it, thanks

cya

Ernest

Post by Ernest » Fri Nov 22, 2002 7:47 am

Hi,

what's the condition which has to be fullfilled before you push:

Press CTRL
Send>z
Release CTRL

:?:

popup window, time passed till last click, window focus, ...? :?

let's see a piece of your code ... :!:

E.

BLUE MOON

THE SCRIPT I'M USING FOR HELBREATH

Post by BLUE MOON » Fri Nov 22, 2002 8:05 am

remark>Assume that first time rod is already a bit used
let>a=50
label>start
Remark>DBLCLICK BEGINS:
LDown
Wait>0.05
LUp
wait>0.05
LDown
Wait>0.05
LUp
Wait>0.1
Remark>END OF DBLCLICK
MouseMove>-70,-70
wait>0.3
LDown
Wait>0.05
LUp
wait>0.3
MouseMove>+70,+70
remark> 8.5 usual, 10 sec if lag
wait>8.5
wait>0.2
let>a=a+1
if>aa=0
wait>0.2

remark>Dragging used fishing rod away
wait>0.3
LDown
Wait>0.5
MouseMove>0,+40
wait>0.5
LUp
wait>1
MouseMove>0,-40
wait>.3
Goto>start
label>end

OK, above is the script i'm using for a game called helbreath so i can fish automatically, but instead i have to push ctrl+z over and over, and when i start the macro manually in the program nothing changes, still gotta do it over and over, if any1 has an idea plz let me know, i've read that this program can take up to 5 mins to repeat a macro on Win200 as well.

PLEEEAAAAAAAAAASE SOME1 JUST HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!

Marcus Tettmar
Site Admin

Post by Marcus Tettmar » Fri Nov 22, 2002 11:36 am

Hi,

Your macro *IS* repeating. You can see this clearly from the Label>start, If and Goto statements. I've even run your script through the debugger and I can see that it is repeating. It does exactly what you are telling it to do. If you enable logging you will even see each command executed and when it was executed.

However, your MouseMoves puzzle me. MouseMove>-70,-70 will try to move the mouse off the left hand and upper edges of the screen, which isn't possible, so you might as well do MouseMove>0,0 - and even then I'm not sure why you'd want to do a DblClick in position 0,0. At that position you're most likely going to end up DblClicking on a control box of a maximised window (which would close it!), or just the upper left corner of the desktop. I'm sure this isn't what you really want to do.

If you want to cause a drag then you just need to do:

MouseMove>StartX,StartY
LDown
MouseMove>EndX,EndY
LUp

This will click the mouse down at the starting point and up at the end point - exactly how a drag works.

The other thing to note is that your macro doesn't see to care about focus, so there is a strong possibility that this macro will wreak havoc on whatever window is currently active.

Finally, to do a double click, you just need to do LDblClick, you don't need to do LDown, Lup, LDown and Lup again, unless the wait times between these atomic events are important in your case.

Your macro is moving the mouse back and forth between positions 0,0 and 70,70 with a dblclick at 0,0 and a click at 70,70, after the 200th time you then drag the mouse to position 0,40 then move the mouse back to position 0,0 and start all over again.

You sure this is what you intend to do?
Marcus Tettmar
http://mjtnet.com/blog/ | http://twitter.com/marcustettmar

Did you know we are now offering affordable monthly subscriptions for Macro Scheduler Standard?

Dorian (MJT support)
Automation Wizard

Post by Dorian (MJT support) » Sun Dec 01, 2002 2:10 am

It looks to me with his -70 and +85, he's probably trying to move the mouse left and up 70 pixels from the current position, then right and down 15 more than where it originally was ?

He probably needs to use GetCursorPos in conjunction with a little bit of adding and subtracting?