Quick question about GetRectCheckSum

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

EnderFFX

Quick question about GetRectCheckSum

Post by EnderFFX » Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:01 pm

I am getting a small area for GetRectCheckSum

GetRectCheckSum>104,353,111,371,result

And it is taking over a second for the calculation. I am running a slow machine, like a P-III 667. Is that the right time? Is there a way to speed it up?

Help would greatly be appreciated.

BTW - I love the product and will be registering soon, just need to make sure it can work in all cases, ya know?

support
Automation Wizard

Post by support » Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:30 pm

Hi,

Yes, this is normal. The routine to make a unique checksum for any rectangle of the screen is enormously intensive as the calculation involves the X,Y position and colour of every pixel.

Your rectangle involves 126 pixels and 630 different inputs into a complicated algorithm with 126 different iterations. Calculations involving graphics are slow. Speed depends on your graphics hardware as much as your processor speed and of course the size of the rectangle.
MJT Net Support
[email protected]

armsys
Automation Wizard

Post by armsys » Sat Dec 13, 2003 3:50 am

Hi EnderFFX,

Normally GetRectCheckSum is used as the last resort to find the current status of a window (process). For example, in Microsoft Office Outlook, there are multiple panes, menu bars, panels, etc. There's no easy way to toggle a particular say, menu bar on or off. GetRectCheckSum is very handy to detect it. Therefore, the rectangle area should be reduced as small as possible to speed up process.