Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

PepsiHog
Automation Wizard

Color Selection

Post by PepsiHog » Thu May 26, 2011 5:01 am

MS 12.1.4 Windows XP SP3

Hello Everyone,

Is there a way to call the standard color selection box? And then be able to use the returned var to set the color of a dialog object? In case that isn't clear, what I am refering to is, in the dialog properties, when you click the color property it presents a color dialog window. It is that color selection window that I am refering to.

Thanks.
Windows 7

PepsiHog. Yep! I drink LOTS of Pepsi (still..in 2024) AND enjoy programming. (That's my little piece of heaven!)

The immensity of the scope of possibilities within Macro Scheduler pushes the user beyond just macros!

PepsiHog
Automation Wizard

blah

Post by PepsiHog » Sat May 28, 2011 12:38 am

I ask really difficult questions, don't I?
Windows 7

PepsiHog. Yep! I drink LOTS of Pepsi (still..in 2024) AND enjoy programming. (That's my little piece of heaven!)

The immensity of the scope of possibilities within Macro Scheduler pushes the user beyond just macros!

JRL
Automation Wizard

Post by JRL » Sat May 28, 2011 2:51 am

I ask really difficult questions, don't I?
For which I usually try to provide difficult solutions. :wink:

This is all I know about it. Its been almost three years, I still hope there's a better solution.
http://www.mjtnet.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4741

PepsiHog
Automation Wizard

blah

Post by PepsiHog » Sat May 28, 2011 3:55 am

For some reason I get an error when I attempt to run the .hta file.
It says - line 1, character 1, expected statement.

[What I did]
I didn't know what a .hta file was til today. Had to look it up on the web.
It said it's a file with an .hta extention. So I pasted it into wordpad saving with the .hta extention. And dbl clicked the file(as it said you could on the web) And then the error. (No exp. w/ this, I can't fix it.)

Did I do something wrong?

Have not yet tried the second script, since w/o the .hta it's mute.

Thanks for the help JRL.
Windows 7

PepsiHog
Automation Wizard

blah

Post by PepsiHog » Sat May 28, 2011 4:19 am

JRL,
Have you seen this site? Might be useful. And it has a color picker.

It's under the "sample pack"

http://www.jsware.net/jsware/scripts.php5#samp
Windows 7

JRL
Automation Wizard

Post by JRL » Sat May 28, 2011 5:25 am

Go to the SkyDrive site in my signature line and try the Color Chooser script. Its 100% Macro Scheduler code. Does not use HTA at all. I wrote it and you have my permission to use it in any way except for selling it. That was what I was refering to in my first response, not the hta solution which does not work very well even if you could get it running. Sorry, should have been more specific.

PepsiHog
Automation Wizard

Blah

Post by PepsiHog » Sat May 28, 2011 6:23 am

Cool design. But too big for my purpose. But I'll look it over for possibilities of size adjustment. The color select menu would be a child
window of my dialog, so the size needs to be compact.

I might like to dl some of your scripts for learning purposes only. Not to actually sell or use them in full, but might find a usefull piece of script.

Would that be alright with you?

I mean, if OK, I might use a line or two from a script, but it wouldn't be used in the same context as the script it was taken from.

I might just be better off to make a window with edit boxes colored and OnClick use that color.

Thanks again.

edit - yeah I just went back and took another look at the link you originally posted. I didn't scroll down that far. oops. :oops:
Windows 7