Problems with MS Registering Mouse Clicks

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

Phill

Problems with MS Registering Mouse Clicks

Post by Phill » Mon Oct 27, 2003 9:47 am

Ok, I'm trying to create a macro to do the following (during a fullscreen executable / game 8) ) Anyway, I want it to:
-Press F4
-Wait a few secs
-Click
-Wait a Lil
-Repeat

So.. I figured out that this code should do it:
label>Start
Press F4
Wait>2.6
Ldown
Wait>0.05
Lup
Goto>Start

Ok this code works perfectly on my friend's PC and he has WinXP, but I have Win98SE and when I run the code it only goes as far as pressing F4 and waiting, it doesn't click. I've also tried the Lclick command with similar code, and that doesnt work either :? HELP lol.

I thought maybe it could be an OS problem? But wouldn't a lot of ppl have experienced this problem? :/

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 27, 2003 9:50 am

Hotkeys dont work when the game is up, but they work fine on my Desktop & on my friend's WinXP PC :/

Lumumba

Post by Lumumba » Mon Oct 27, 2003 4:39 pm

The timings you've used implies that this script has been recorded. Therefore there's a chance that it would work if you "recalibrate" it to the speed of your W9x system.

Get rid of waits and sleeps and use more sophisticated methods (most of them available within Macro Scheduler) to trigger that game while it's running.

Phill

Post by Phill » Wed Nov 19, 2003 11:06 pm

Err, i'm fairly new to MS, but could you give some examples of other commands which do the stuff I said above.. It works on WIN XP but why not WIN98?? :S :oops: So dam annoying.. It just doesn't perform the click commands.....