Compiler

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

Bilde
Junior Coder

Compiler

Post by Bilde » Fri Nov 15, 2002 3:22 pm

Hi there!
Is it possible to get my hands on the compiler, then i'm using a trial version?

support
Automation Wizard

Post by support » Fri Nov 15, 2002 5:12 pm

Hi,

The compiler simply creates a .exe file. You highlight the script and hit 'Create EXE' and you end up with macroname.exe

This file can then be run like any normal Windows application on any machine. It performs the script.

We don't have a compiler evaluation I'm afraid.
MJT Net Support
[email protected]

Bilde
Junior Coder

Post by Bilde » Sat Nov 16, 2002 1:57 pm

Damm... :(

freddyj

Simultaneous processes w/ Compiler

Post by freddyj » Tue Jan 21, 2003 8:52 pm

I'm trying to find a macro utility that will run multiple versions of an application in parallel. I thought the compiled versions may allow this to happen, but I do not want to purchase the app just to test if your product does what I hope it will.

Do you have any suggestions? Can I send someone a file that will in turn create the exe for testing?

Thanks,
FreddyJ

Ernest

Post by Ernest » Thu Jan 23, 2003 6:47 pm

Hi FreddyJ,
place your mailaddress here (otherwise we can't get in contact with you).

Ernest

armsys
Automation Wizard

Post by armsys » Tue Jan 28, 2003 1:42 am

Hi freddyj + Bilde,

Were you a hard-working author of Macro Scheduler, how would you entertain this touchy demand? BTW, haven't you stated loud and clear about your technical requirements which may motivate your desire for a compiler? As "support" stated clearly above, the compiler just converts a .scp file to a .exe file, no more and no less. How on earth could the have and have-not of the compiler draw any difference in terms of your appreciatiion of functional features of Macro Scheduler?

Sincerely we all look forward to helping you further in the near future. Please do keep posting your concerns and opinions as well as technical issues.

Happy scripting. Happy Chinese New Year of Goat(Feb 1).

FreddyJ

Post by FreddyJ » Thu Jan 30, 2003 5:30 pm

Alright, Armstrong. :roll: I sense a bit of paranoia. Relax.

I'm simply attempting to evaluate this product in a client server application stress-test environment. Part of this stress testing environment is running multiple instances of the application on the same computer. The executable allows simultaneous scripts to run on one computer. Testing the executable will identify if the script has issues with X,Y coordinates while multiple instances are running. If this succeeds, Macro Scheduler will serve as a wonderful wrapper for client server test scripts.

I've used the tool for a long time and I hope to apply it a large software development testing process. Armstrong, I do not understand how you might construe the question as a "touchy demand". If anything, Macro Scheduler is one of the few I've found that converts the scripts to an executable.

Ernest, you can contact me via the following email address: [email protected]

FreddyJ

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 30, 2003 6:10 pm

By the way ... I tried kicking off the scripts from the msched.exe. It seems to have trouble running simultaneous instances. Maybe it isn't keeping track of the different window handles between the scripts.

I'm hoping the executable version does not have the same issue.

Thanks,
FreddyJ