Open two editor windows

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

Chaoticz

Open two editor windows

Post by Chaoticz » Wed Jun 04, 2003 2:06 pm

I want to open two editor windows, can I do this without starting another copy of the program?

Bob Hansen
Automation Wizard

Post by Bob Hansen » Wed Jun 04, 2003 4:21 pm

You could open another program as an editor.

I find that TextPad is excellent, and it has a syntax highlighter for Macro Scheduler.

You could open up TextPad (or Notepad, Wordpad, your favorite program) as a second editor or as the primary editor. Macro Scheduler has an option that can be activated to use a different editor. Go to Tools, Options, at the bottom enter the full path and executable program, and put a checkmark in the box to assign external editor. (Only remove checkmark when want to switch back to MS editor as default).

TextPad will allow you to have almost an unlimited number of files open at one time. You can keep them in a "workspace" so they will all be opened and saved as a group. You can also do mass Search and Replace across all of those files.

They also have an active forum group that uses this same forum software, such a deal!

A great text editor, see more at http://textpad.com. I think registered price is about $30 USD. Free download for evaluation.

Hope this helps.......
Hope this was helpful..................good luck,
Bob
A humble man and PROUD of it!