Macro Scheduler pauses execution indefinitely

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

Chaoticz

Macro Scheduler pauses execution indefinitely

Post by Chaoticz » Fri May 09, 2003 8:05 pm

I am trying to use IfWindowOpen to click OK on a "confirmation window" that only comes up in certain situations. The problem is that when the "confirmation window" comes up, my application seems to get into a busy mode until OK is pressed. During this time Macro Scheduler stops executing the script. (The IfWindowOpen statement does not appear in the log file)

If I close the "confirmation window", it will continue as if the IfWindowOpen was False.

I also tried putting other commands that are supposed to execute after the "confirmation window" comes up but Macro Scheduler wont execute them while the window is being displayed.

Bob Hansen
Automation Wizard

Post by Bob Hansen » Fri May 09, 2003 8:39 pm

You might need a WaitWindowReady>, or a Wait>, or a SetFocus> or a PushButton>, a different WF_TYPE or WW_TIMEOUT value, or other commands.

Also, FYI, one thing I found about the log file is that the log does not get written to until that command line is completed. The log file is not updated when the command is called.

It would be more helpful if you provide the exact scripting that you are using to cause this error.
Hope this was helpful..................good luck,
Bob
A humble man and PROUD of it!

armsys
Automation Wizard

Post by armsys » Mon May 19, 2003 11:13 pm

Hi Chaoticz,

You could help us help resolve the issue by posting several statements before and after IfWindowOpen>. I doubt IfWindowOpen> causes the pause in the your situation. The outcome also depends upon whether your application can generate mulitple (child) windows such as Microsoft Outlook.

Happy scrpting.

Chaoticz

not a problem

Post by Chaoticz » Tue May 20, 2003 2:16 pm

I am not having this problem anymore. I think the comments all over my script were causing problems; also, adding a wait> here and there helps. I now only put comments in their own lines.

For example this statement does not work with the comment at the end.

Press Down * 5 // Press down 5 times