Parsing XML file and extract only certain data... WILL PAY$$

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

clickfast
Pro Scripter

Parsing XML file and extract only certain data... WILL PAY$$

Post by clickfast » Wed May 23, 2007 12:17 am

HEEEELLLLLLLLPPPPPP!!!!!!

I have an XML file I need to parse using Macro Script. I want to extract specific urls located in a particular section of an XML file and copy them into a designtated text file.

Iam New to Automation and programming...and this has been tricky and the forum has been of some assistance but i couldn't find anything related to doing this...

Can this be done?? I've been up 3 days trying to figure this one out!!!

Thanks for any help you can provide!
Last edited by clickfast on Wed May 23, 2007 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

clickfast
Pro Scripter

I'M WILLING TO PAY SOMEONE TO FIX THIS!!!!!

Post by clickfast » Wed May 23, 2007 10:42 pm

So am I to assume this forum doesn't have the expertise? I mean I just bit hook line and sinker and payed a couple hundred bucks for Macro Pro and I can't even get a response??

Anyone?

If you an take this headache off me... and solve this problem I'd even be willing to pay someone modestly to do this correctly!!!!!

Somebody please?!!!

Me_again
Automation Wizard

Post by Me_again » Thu May 24, 2007 12:08 am

This forum is essentially peer support, your question isn't well defined and XML is a very complex format. The vendor does provide excellent support, and if you want to access that support it's best to use the contact form which will definitely get you a response.

We really don't have much to go on, if you can post more information, like the .XML file with pointers to the data you wish to extract, then maybe someone can point you in the right direction.

Marcus Tettmar
Site Admin

Post by Marcus Tettmar » Thu May 24, 2007 6:40 am

clickfast - for priority support please submit a support ticket at:
http://www.mjtnet.com/contact.htm

An MJT staff representative will then be able to help you.

This forum is primarily for user discussion and we cannot guarantee the same level of response that we provide via our helpdesk - I don't even check the forums every day. But a support email WILL get checked quickly.

Anyway, if you are new to programming you are going to find parsing XML files difficult. As has been mentioned your question is vague. The best thing to do would be to post a sample of your XML file and indicate which parts you want extracted. We'd then have half a chance of helping you.

Please also note we are hear to HELP you, not write code for you. If you want to commission someone to write the code for you you will find a list of contractors in this forum or email us and we'll put you in touch with someone who can do the work.
Marcus Tettmar
http://mjtnet.com/blog/ | http://twitter.com/marcustettmar

Did you know we are now offering affordable monthly subscriptions for Macro Scheduler Standard?

clickfast
Pro Scripter

Post by clickfast » Fri May 25, 2007 8:21 am

I try to paste the xml code using the 'code' function but it hasn't worked yet... keeps stripping all the URLs which renders it useless as a referrence

Okay... i've narrowed down my requirement to need a regular expression written which I can then code into VB

I want to search an XML file or Text file and locate all URLs that have this domain in them. Keep in mind the URLs are actually longer but I don't care about the rest... I just want to find only the ones that have the beginning domain info below

http://media.servername.com/

I hope this is more specific... I really hope somebody can help. I'm willing to contract this out to...

Just PM me if your interested in tacking this...

Thanks!