Registered Version Installation

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

Fabio Marcos

Registered Version Installation

Post by Fabio Marcos » Tue Apr 22, 2003 6:55 pm

I have just bought Macro Scheduler and downloaded it from Mjtnet registed site.

Now when I try to install it I get a message requesting a disk#2 that does not exist when I download Macro Scheduler. Then I am unable to proceed with the installation of Macro Scheduler.

Can someone help me pls telling me where to get this disk #2 ?

Rgds,

Fabio

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 23, 2003 3:55 am

Hi Fabio,

The installation of Macro Scheduler doesn't require Disk 2. You may have to uninstall it and reinstall it again. It works 99%. If the symptom persists, you may have a corrupt Windows registry (installer). The last potential culprit is Norton Antivirus software.

Otherwise, the installaiton should be very simple and straightforward because, unlike Microsoft and Symantec, Macro Scheduler never adds mysterios keys into Windows registry.

Happy scripting.

armsys
Automation Wizard

Post by armsys » Wed Apr 23, 2003 3:59 am

Hi Fabio,

I posted the last message. Probably some cookie problem caused misnaming author as Guest.

Fabio

Macro Scheduler Installation

Post by Fabio » Wed Apr 23, 2003 1:31 pm

Thanks Wong

I will uninstall and try to install it again.

Thanks,
Fabio

support
Automation Wizard

Post by support » Thu Apr 24, 2003 2:08 pm

Hi,

It will ask for disk 2 if the download is incomplete and the data is therefore truncated. It assumes the installation is a multi-disk installation and therefore asks for the next disk.

So the problem is simply that the download did not complete properly and you have a truncated install file. So all you need to do is download again and restart the installation with the new, complete file.
MJT Net Support
[email protected]

armsys
Automation Wizard

Post by armsys » Thu Apr 24, 2003 10:59 pm

Hi Support,

I always find your reply amazing. I always learn new troubleshooting techniques from you. I was never aware of the remote possibility that the installation would ask for Disk #2 in case of download truncation. Thanks a lot.

Hi Fabio,

Windows' built-in download (under Internet Explorer) isn't designed for heavy duty or erratic modem connection. The best one on the market is GetRight. Visit http://www.getright.com/ to find out more. Disclaimer: I'm not associated with Headlight Software, publsiher of GetRight. Good luck.

Happy scripting.