Shift + Esc

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

Hakarien

Shift + Esc

Post by Hakarien » Wed Mar 26, 2003 7:57 pm

Hello there,

The "kill" running macro sequence "Shift + Esc" interfers with other programmes.

Any way to change or disable it ?

TIA

support
Automation Wizard

Post by support » Wed Mar 26, 2003 8:06 pm

Hi,

Not at present. You can also right click on the Macro Scheduler tray icon and click 'Break'.
MJT Net Support
[email protected]

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 26, 2003 9:11 pm

support wrote:Hi,

Not at present. You can also right click on the Macro Scheduler tray icon and click 'Break'.
Well, that doesn't prevent Shit Esc to interfer with this other program... I think a global hot key should be in a config file or a registry key. Any hope to get that ..... soon ? :oops:

armsys
Automation Wizard

Post by armsys » Thu Mar 27, 2003 1:06 am

Hi Hakarien,

Normally you don't have to and usually you won't press "shift+ESC" unless you want to halt a running Macro Scheduler script.

May I how it interfere with other programs? So far I haven't encounter such scenario. Thanks.

Hakarien

Post by Hakarien » Thu Mar 27, 2003 5:40 am

2armsys

Hi
armsys wrote: Normally you don't have to and usually you won't press "shift+ESC" unless you want to halt a running Macro Scheduler script.
May I how it interfere with other programs? So far I haven't encounter such scenario. Thanks.
Yes, but even when no macro script is running Macro scheduler will capture and keep the Shift Esc sequence.
So a program like Brainstorm who "promote" the current edited entry with "Shift Esc" will never receive that hot key.

So, if at least Macro Scheduler would "re-send" this sequence if no macro is actually running we could probably do without a configuration option. but that's just an idea.

support
Automation Wizard

Post by support » Thu Mar 27, 2003 3:11 pm

Hi,

7.2 will let you change the Shift-Esc 'break' shortcut to something else.
MJT Net Support
[email protected]

Hakarien

Just a big THANX

Post by Hakarien » Mon Apr 14, 2003 2:18 pm

Thank you for:

"Added option to change SHIFT-ESC shortcut"

it's very handy (and working)
Hakarien

PS: Some other improvements are nice too...