Macroing ingame's...

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

BaGGy

Macroing ingame's...

Post by BaGGy » Wed Mar 19, 2003 1:26 am

I am trying to macro in this game called Endless Ages, everyone else uses this exact program to do what I want to do. But for some odd reason it WONT work for me.

This is my script:

Code: Select all

Send>q
Wait>1.0
MouseMove>70,90
Wait>0.2
LClick
Wait>1.5
LUp
Wait>1.5
It will move the mouse to the correct location, but it WONT press the Q button nor will it press my Left mouse button. Whats up with that?

Captive
Macro Veteran

Post by Captive » Wed Mar 19, 2003 4:20 am

Normally, these types of script first a SetFocus first. Make sure the applicaiton that you want to have the 'q' sent to is in focus.
(You can use a GetActiveWindow in your script to check and test if it really is in focus)

BaGGy

Post by BaGGy » Wed Mar 19, 2003 1:52 pm

So something like this?

Let>WF_TYPE=1
GetActiveWindow>EXNGN,800,600
SetFocus>EXNGN
Send>q
Wait>1.0
MouseMove>70,90
Wait>0.2
LClick
Wait>1.5
LUp
Wait>1.5

support
Automation Wizard

Post by support » Wed Mar 19, 2003 7:36 pm

Hi,

If you run that it will focus itself. The active window will be Macro Scheduler (unless run from a hotkey).

There's also very little point in focusing the active window since the active window is by definition already focused.

Look under Tool/View System Window to work out the correct name of the window you need to focus.
MJT Net Support
[email protected]

BaGGy

Post by BaGGy » Wed Mar 19, 2003 9:50 pm

This is what the "View System Winows" thing shows:
43385184 - Afx:00400000:3:00010011:00000000:00BD03FD "EXNGN"

Ok still having problems, the script is pressing the q button but that only shows up if I bring up the "Enter chat message:" thing.

This is really odd, cause I have tried using working scripts that OTHER players use and they dont work for me.

I am using Windows 2000 Professional Service Pack 2, and thats the same OS that one of the players who were ABLE to use the scripts.

Anyone have a clue as to whats going on?

Captive
Macro Veteran

Post by Captive » Wed Mar 19, 2003 9:57 pm

What I should have made clear, was: The most common reason scripts of this type fail is because the window people want the text to go to is not in focus.

Here's a small script that will give you 5 seconds to set focus to a window, and then the script will tell you it's window title, position, etc.

Let>WF_TYPE=2
MessageModal>After you click OK, set focus to a window. I will check it's title and position in 5 seconds.
Wait>5
GetActiveWindow>sWinTitle,iWinLeft,iWinTop,iWinWidth,iWinHeight
Let>sLine1=Window Title: %sWinTitle%
Let>sLine2=Left/Top=%iWinTop%,%iWinLeft%
Let>sLine3=Width/Height=%iWinWidth%,%iWinHeight%
MessageModal>%sLine1%%CRLF%%sLine2%%CRLF%%sLine3%

BaGGy

Post by BaGGy » Wed Mar 19, 2003 10:07 pm

Ok so when I get that Focus information, how should I use it?

BaGGy

Post by BaGGy » Wed Mar 19, 2003 10:24 pm

Captive here is the information I got:

Window Title: EXNGN
Left/Top=0,0 
Width/Height=800,600

Captive
Macro Veteran

Post by Captive » Thu Mar 20, 2003 5:05 am

Try something like this:
SetFocus>EXNGN
Wait>0.5
Send>q
Wait>1.0
MouseMove>70,90
Wait>0.2
LClick
For this, the window title must be exactly "EXNGN", which is apparently what it is from what you pasted.

I noticed in your initial script, you had a LClick, followed by a LUp. "LClick" is the same as: LDown LUp ... so in this case you don't need the LUp.
(However this is unlikely to be the cause of your "send" problem.")

When pasting code to these forums, I recommend using the 'Code' button (which uses the 'pre' tags) rather than 'quote'. The main difference is the way extra spaces are copied to the clipboard.

BaGGy

Post by BaGGy » Mon Mar 24, 2003 4:38 am

Fixed it, apparently it doesnt like letting me use the keyboard along with the game. So I bound the mouse buttons to work with it and it works, I am using the middle mouse button and the left mouse button. All works perfect now, odd eh?