How do I send a VKcode

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

New1

How do I send a VKcode

Post by New1 » Tue Mar 11, 2003 6:44 am

I have already tried Send command and the program I run my macro against just does not accept the key value. Now I guess out a workaround for which I might send it a VK-code of the key(board), unfortunately I cannot find a way to send a VK-code using my macro script.

Is it a way to send a Virtual Keycode to another software? (Ascii command does not work as well- tried that once) Just wondering why there's a WaitKeyDown on VK-code and there's no SendVk or something..

support
Automation Wizard

Post by support » Tue Mar 11, 2003 1:33 pm

Hi,

Essentially the Send and Press commands do send virtual key codes. They take the value entered and translate into the correct Virtual Key code which is then sent to the focused window.

Just replacing your send command with a command that sends a virtual key code isn't going to help as that doesn't really change anything.

What key stroke are you trying to send and which window is focused? Is the correct window focused - using SetFocus before the Send/Press command?
MJT Net Support
[email protected]

New1

Post by New1 » Tue Mar 11, 2003 5:32 pm

It's an old in-house developed sometimes back before my time. To activate the software I will need to either press 1 or click on the randomly places where the button might appear.

The button has no focus for which I cannot Tab to it. To successfully activate this program I have to manually press 1 or catch my mouse pointer to click on it just in time before it reappear somewhere on the screen....

Sadly, Send>1 nor Ascii>49 can put me into a good position. It's an annoying human-intervention-activating-software... bahh.... (once I activate it, all macro'ed functions work all right - SetFocus is out of concern for this matter)

support
Automation Wizard

Post by support » Tue Mar 11, 2003 5:43 pm

Hi,

Don't see why you can't focus the window - what is the window's title?

If you can't focus it then you wouldn't solve the problem by sending a VK code, because you'd still have to specify where to send the code.

If the app is written in house then it shouldn't be dificult to add an accelerator key shortcut to the button ....

Have you tried the PushButton command - you'd still need to know the window's title of course?
MJT Net Support
[email protected]

Lumumba

Post by Lumumba » Thu Mar 13, 2003 1:30 pm

I'm sorry for you. My former posting has been censored/deletetd by the admin, cause it was a recomandation to another program, which I'm shure would have solved your problem.

Looks like they think Macro Scheduler won't stand the competition against it ..., which, by the way should have been up to you to decide ?!

support
Automation Wizard

Post by support » Thu Mar 13, 2003 2:09 pm

Hi,

We're still looking forward to receiving New1's reply regarding the window title and push button command. I'm quite convinced there is a solution and are happy to help if we could just understand the scenario a bit better.

We're quite prepared to recommend alternative solutions and products where a more suitable solution exists or if we are unable to help, but first we must exhaust all possibilities. In any case these forums are about Macro Scheduler and are here to help people use Macro Scheduler, and must therefore remain on topic in that context.
MJT Net Support
[email protected]