Volume Controls via Mouse Clicks?

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

Alex Silva

Volume Controls via Mouse Clicks?

Post by Alex Silva » Fri Mar 07, 2003 5:47 am

Call me crazy, but I have a computer at work that all it does all day long is play MP3's. Me and my employees have gather most of our cd's and made them into MP3; about 17Gb to be exact.

I have the MS starting Winamp in the mornings and closing the software at the closing time, that way we don't need to click anything on the computer and it shuffles everything.

Given all this info, now I was thinking about adding some new junk to it. A wireless mouse. Which all I am gonna use it for is, middle click will LOWER volume and right click to RAISE volume. Of course, knowing that each click is maybe a 5% increase/decrease of the volume.

This is all in my brains, have NO clue what kind of code would be needed since I haven't seen a command that may detect when the middle/right clicks are actually pressed and once pressed have it do something, raise/lower volume. I know that the MIXER.EXE is always running in the background as a tray, so I am pretty sure that by using the SetFocus>mixer I will bring the mixer up, and probably a TAB or 2 might get me to the MAIN volume control, and of course ARROWUP/DOWN will bring the volume up/down.

Now, the good one, does anyone knows the code/script that might need to be written for the middlemouse/rightmouse click to activate the macro. Cuz MS give us F keys, and many more, but no mouse clicks.

Lumumba

Post by Lumumba » Fri Mar 07, 2003 8:44 am

Have a look at this thread at General Discussion. It's a slightly different topic ...

Previously you've to check if your mixer file is named sndvol.exe instead of sndvol32.exe.

sndvol32.exe /s = small
sndvol32.exe /r = recorder
sndvol32.exe /t = tray

the /tray switch will give you the vol panel right at the mouse position, Press Down/UP works fine (in microscopic steps!).

Lumumba

Post by Lumumba » Fri Mar 07, 2003 9:02 am

Some additional information

Window Title: Master Out

Window Dimensions: Width: 81 Height: 136

Window Text: Volume&Mute

Code: Select all

Run Program>soundvol32.exe /t

BTW: Home (max), End (min), ALT+M (mute) works fine as well.

mrh32

Winamp

Post by mrh32 » Fri Mar 07, 2003 2:26 pm

If you are getting a mouse with a wheel, you could use winamp (a free mp3 player) as your mp3 player, and select the volume control bar on startup (by having macro scheduler click it). Once the volume is selected in winamp a mouse roll up will increase it and a mouse roll down will decrease it. If end up left clicking some other place on the computer desktop (other than the volume control bar in winamp) then it will lose focus, but you could easily use macro scheduler to make a macro which when you right click the mouse re-selects the volume bar. I know that this doesn't really use macro scheduler much, but it seems like a pretty simple solution to your problem.

--Matt

Alex Silva

Post by Alex Silva » Fri Mar 07, 2003 4:56 pm

MRH32,

Thanks, that is not a bad idea. I have it working already. Didn't think about that. All MS is doing is after it starts the Winamp and starts playing the macro will click on the speaker at the tray and the mouse wheel does the job. I have the wheel move 10 lines at a time, otherwise we will have to turn it 100x for it to actually lower or raise the volume.

Thanks for all the previous replies, but I got the mouse wheel thing working already, quick, dirty and easy. :)