Macro Scheduler hangs up in Tools/view system windows

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

bnc1
Pro Scripter

Macro Scheduler hangs up in Tools/view system windows

Post by bnc1 » Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:09 pm

Greetings

I have a series of scripts which was running fine on 3 different systems. Now of all sudden the script hangs up on a FindWindowWithtext> command on just one system . I am using Macro Scheduler 7.4.008. I tried switching to 7.4.006 and 8.0.007 beta but the problem is still there. I also noticed that when using Tools/View System Windows, Macro Scheduler hangs up. The problem is consistent on just this one system . Of course the natural question would be "What changes were made to this system?". Unfortunately, I can not think of anything. I am running Win-x64 on this system. Of the other 2 systems where the same scripts run fine, one is Win-x64 and one is Win-xp-pro. As a temporary circumvention, I have removed the FindWindowWithtext> command and the scripts are all running fine. Can anyone one assist me in finding out what is going on ?

bnc1
Pro Scripter

Post by bnc1 » Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:11 pm

Ok I found the cause. I was playing around with Nvidia's Nview Desktop Manager. Once I disable this feature, the Macro Scheduler hangups with Tools/View System Windows and the FindWindowWithtext command goes away !

I am using Nvidia 81.67 64bit Forceware drivers
Windows-x64 OS