Error creating Dialog

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

pgriffin
Automation Wizard

Error creating Dialog

Post by pgriffin » Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:50 pm

I have a program with a simple dialog and I randomly encounter and error like "Error creating dialog: GetPickList"....

the dialog exists, and works perfectly most of the time. What would interfere with this?

Marcus Tettmar
Site Admin

Post by Marcus Tettmar » Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:43 pm

Another script tries to create a dialog with the same name at the same time, or your script wrongly tries to create the dialog more than once. If you have your Dialog block in a loop remove it from the loop immediately!
Marcus Tettmar
http://mjtnet.com/blog/ | http://twitter.com/marcustettmar

Did you know we are now offering affordable monthly subscriptions for Macro Scheduler Standard?

JRL
Automation Wizard

Post by JRL » Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:52 pm

After Googling the term "GetPickList", it appears to have something to do with Borland database or SQL. Are you sure it's a Macro Scheduler error?

pgriffin
Automation Wizard

Post by pgriffin » Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:12 pm

The quick fix was to go back to the dialog builder, re-create the dialog, then leave the name as Dialog3. That seems to have fixed it.

JRL, I think you may have been on the right track with the naming issue. I have done it before, but didn't think to google the name I used in this case. There are instances where MacroScheduler might behave unexpectedly if variable names conflict with a term in VBScript, SQL, etc....

thanks for the responses. On to the next line of code...