Macro problem

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

Michael H

Macro problem

Post by Michael H » Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:52 am

I have just upgraded from version 6.2 to 7.1.17a. The following Macro always worked with ver 6.2 but will not run now. Not only will it not run it causes system instability (eg touching r causes the run command line to come up). I have to reboot the machine.

Remark> This will Clear out Start Menu Docs for
Remark> Windows 2000
Press LWinKey
Wait>0.15
Send Character/Text>S
Wait>0.15
Send Character/Text>T
WaitWindowOpen>Taskbar*
Wait>0.15
SetFocus>Taskbar*
Press CTRL
Press Tab
Release CTRL
Release Tab
Send Character/Text>C
Press Esc

Thanks for any help

armsys
Automation Wizard

Post by armsys » Thu Feb 20, 2003 11:37 am

Hi Michael,

Press LWinKey
Wait>0.15
Send Character/Text>S

Not sure whether you want to simulate simultaneously pressing WinKey + S. If so, as a matter of fact, I don't know how to accomplish it by Macro Script commands. Unlike ALT and CTRL, it seems that both RWinkey and LWinkey are released immediately after either one is PRESSed.

Nonetheless, you can circumvent the keyboard issue by calling the task manager directly:
run>taskmgr.exe

It works on my Windows XP.

There's no RELEASE TAB command per se.

However, you may change Relase TAB to Press TAB; I guess the latter is what you want such that the cursor can jump to the main list of processes.

Plesae keep posting your troubleshooting progress here.

support
Automation Wizard

Post by support » Thu Feb 20, 2003 12:53 pm

Hi,

Armstrong - please keep an eye on the update announcements and note that the recent version improves the Press LWinKey and RWinKey to allow them to be used in conjunction with other keys in the same way as Shift, Ctrl and Alt.

Michael - You need to add 'Release LWinKey' after the 'Press LWinKey' otherwise it will remain depressed and the subsequent keys are sent along with it - like Alt, Ctrl and Shift:

Press LWinKey
Release LWinKey
MJT Net Support
[email protected]

armsys
Automation Wizard

Post by armsys » Thu Feb 20, 2003 10:39 pm

Support,

Thanks for pointing out my error. When replying Michael's question, I did look up the online help to prevent any potential misrepresentation. Alas, the version I based on, as I discover now, was 7.1.16.

Michael,

I'm sorry for giving you the erroneous direction.

Michael H

Post by Michael H » Fri Feb 21, 2003 8:12 am

Thanks that seems to have fixed the problem. I tired using the Ctl, Alt and Shift Keys to see if they were causing it. As my keyboard does not have Windows Left (I like my old IBM style board) I could not try it.