Desktop Shortcut Properties?

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

dbish
Junior Coder

Desktop Shortcut Properties?

Post by dbish » Wed Feb 19, 2003 3:05 pm

I just upgraded from MSched 5.10 to 7.17. I am using Windows XP-Home. I typically run macros from a command line (via a scheduler) using a format like:
c:\progra~1\macros~1\Msched.exe Finance

or

"C:\Program Files\Macro Scheduler\msched.exe" HideIt

I tried using MSched 7.17 to make a Desktop shortcut which gave me the second line above as the properties / link. None of these methods of running / starting a macro is working.

On a whim, I tried appending ".scp" after the macro name without success.

If I right click on my taskbar-minimized Msched icon and click "Run a Macro" each of the macros runs without problem. Thus, Msched and the macros seem to be working - just the shortcut/command line methods of running them is broken.

Any suggestions

dbish

P.S. - when I did the 7.17 install Windows XP told me that the install routine was replacing "key windows files" with old versions and prompted me to reinsert my Windows XP with Service Pack 1 CD so it could update the overwritten files (which I did and without apparent problem). Msched continues to work from the "run Macro" start method - just the other methods are failing.

support
Automation Wizard

Post by support » Wed Feb 19, 2003 3:57 pm

Hi,

Check that you have 'Allow Multiple Instances' enabled in Tools/Options.

Otherwise it will not be able to create a new instance to run the macro.
MJT Net Support
[email protected]

dbish
Junior Coder

well, that was a "Well, DUH!" question

Post by dbish » Wed Feb 19, 2003 4:50 pm

While I was exercising this morning I thought - "I bet I need to turn on multiple instances". Made the change and it works fine. I now looked at your reply aznd have to say - I am glad that stupid quesiton is behind me.

Thanks for your reply

Dave