Can't Save Changes To Macro

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

ldevito

Can't Save Changes To Macro

Post by ldevito » Wed Jan 22, 2003 6:13 pm

I recently moved Macro Scheduler from my PC to another PC that I am dedicating solely for running scheduled scripts. Now when I go to edit a macro and try to save my changes, I get the following error message:

"Unable to save macro - it may be in use. Pressing Shift-ESC will stop all running macros. Do you want to continue closing macro and lose changes?"

Any ideas why? Thanks in advance for your help.

support
Automation Wizard

Post by support » Wed Jan 22, 2003 6:19 pm

Hi,

Check that the directory that Macro Scheduler is installed in is not write protected. Make sure you are logged in under the same user that installed it.
MJT Net Support
[email protected]

armsys
Automation Wizard

Post by armsys » Thu Jan 23, 2003 2:32 am

Hi Idevito,

Do you edit the script which is currently running?

ldevito

Post by ldevito » Thu Jan 23, 2003 2:39 pm

Thanks for the replies. The macro was not running and I was unable to edit and save the changes on the new PC. I do think it has something to do with my logging into the network differently on this new PC. What I ended up doing was making the changes on the old PC, saving them to a floppy, and copying them to the new PC. This worked.

In the future, I don't think I will have any problems as long as I start creating the scripts on this new PC and don't move them to another PC for further development.

Thanks for all of the help. This message board is a great tool for troubleshooting.