MouseMove is giving me headaches

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

Guillaume777

MouseMove is giving me headaches

Post by Guillaume777 » Fri Jan 10, 2003 11:13 am

Ok my macro is nearly perfect now. However, for some weird reason sometime when a "Mousemove" command runs, the mouse doesn't go directly to the place it suposed to go. Instead, the mouse first go to some unrelevant location (usually below and to right of the real target ) , then go to the true target. While this may seems harmeless, sometime the macro click on this "false" location before the mouse has time to go to the real location. As you may suspect, this generally screw up everything. Does anyone here have an idea of what is wrong ?

support
Automation Wizard

Post by support » Fri Jan 10, 2003 12:03 pm

Hi,

Can you post your script or send it to [email protected] so that we can work out why you are getting this peculiar behaviour.
MJT Net Support
[email protected]

armsys
Automation Wizard

Post by armsys » Fri Jan 10, 2003 12:08 pm

Hi Guillaume777,

There are numerous possibilities to start with:
1. Do you specify absolute or relative coordinates for your MouseMove commnad? Plesae refer to the online help under the title "Creating Scripts."
2. Are there other Windows applications running simultaneously?
3. Have you issued SetFocus command before MouseMove?

It would be helpful if you could kindly enclose some portion of your MacroScript.

Guillaume777

Post by Guillaume777 » Fri Jan 10, 2003 1:04 pm

To tell the truth, the macro I am creating is for an online game. As such, I'm pretty sure the bug is caused by the game itself, and not the macro scheduler. However, I managed to bypass the problem in a very simple yet effective way, so I guess my problem is fixed.

support
Automation Wizard

Post by support » Fri Jan 10, 2003 1:13 pm

I've heard similar reports of games causing the mouse to move - it could be some kind of anti-macro attempt - but there always appear to be workarounds.
MJT Net Support
[email protected]

strader

Post by strader » Thu Jan 23, 2003 10:58 pm

Guillaume777 wrote:To tell the truth, the macro I am creating is for an online game. As such, I'm pretty sure the bug is caused by the game itself, and not the macro scheduler. However, I managed to bypass the problem in a very simple yet effective way, so I guess my problem is fixed.
how did u do that?