Macro Disappeared

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

ldevito

Macro Disappeared

Post by ldevito » Tue Dec 24, 2002 4:46 pm

I had created a macro and saw it listed when I opened Macro Scheduler. It has disappeared today and no longer is in Macro Scheduler though I can see it and open it through windows explorer. The script is in c:\program files\mjt net ltd\macro scheduler however, I can't modify the autorun time since it doesn't appear in the Macro Scheduler itself.

I don't know how this happened though I was attempting to rename the script. Can anyone suggest any ideas on how to get this script to reappear?

Thanks, Larry

support
Automation Wizard

Post by support » Tue Dec 24, 2002 5:24 pm

Hi,

Getting it back is easy - do "File/New Macro" and then click on the "Import..." button, locate the .scp file and save.

As to why/how it went missing in the first place. It would happen if the macros.dat file could not be written to or if the application didn't close down properly - as that is when the data is committed to the data file. This could happen if Windows crashed or was ended abnormally - i.e. if the PC was switched off without Windows being closed down first for example. Could also happen if the Macro Scheduler process was terminated prematurely (which would happen if Windows was closed down incorrectly).
MJT Net Support
[email protected]

ldevito

Macro Disappeared

Post by ldevito » Tue Dec 24, 2002 6:03 pm

Thank you. It worked great! :)