A severe bug in Macro Scheduler 7.1.12e

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

FS

A severe bug in Macro Scheduler 7.1.12e

Post by FS » Thu Dec 12, 2002 3:10 pm

There is a serious bug in Macro Scheduler 7.1.12e.

It can be done a debugging a macro. If one try to debug a macro it appaers an error message like this:

Access violation at address 004094E9 in module 'MSCHED.EXE'. Read of address 012E4000.

I think it is a serious problem. The debugging tool can not be used.

Please, it is needed a solution.

Regards.
:?

support
Automation Wizard

Post by support » Thu Dec 12, 2002 3:23 pm

Hi,

I am unable to reproduce this error. Debugging is working fine for me - we step through many different scripts daily.

Perhaps it is specific to the script that you are debugging. Could you send your script to [email protected] as a file attachment. That would be most helpful.

Anyone else seen this error when debugging?
MJT Net Support
[email protected]

Bob Hansen
Automation Wizard

Post by Bob Hansen » Thu Dec 12, 2002 6:31 pm

I am seeing a similar situation in a Windows 98 SE system with 7.1.12, but it started in earlier version, maybe 7.0 or 6.2. At first I just attributed this to problems on this machine that I could work around, but now it sounds like I should report on this.

It only occurs when clicking the mouse. Using arrows and keystrokes do not cause the error.

Two messages:
1. Application error in module KERNEL32.DLL, access violation.
2. MSCHED caused an invalid page fault.

I have sent screen shots with details.

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 13, 2002 12:23 am

FS,

Neither can I reproduce your symptom. It would be more helpful if you can tell us:
1. Your original script;
2. Whether you have activated "Refocus Windows";
3. The actually background window(s) you normally open when running the problematic script;
4. Your Windows version;
5. Whether you're running dual Windows OS.

From my personal experiences, Macro Scheduler is exceedingly robust and stable. Macro Scheduler is based upon the event-driven Windows platform. Therefore, timing is always a big issue. For example, pressing Ctrl-Y can't be coded intuitively as
Press CTRL
Sen>Y

Its performance always varies in accordance with the background windows activities.

Adding "wait>" often helps a great deal.

Cheers,
Armstrong Wong
Hong Kong

FS

Post by FS » Fri Dec 13, 2002 4:32 pm

This error appears when I try to debug a macro, any macro. I have several macros and I can not to debug any of them. However, the macros selves works fine. I can run the macros but not to debug them.

I enable "Refocus Windows".

I use only Windows 98.

Regards.
:?:

Armstrong

Post by Armstrong » Sat Dec 14, 2002 7:49 am

FS,

Based upon your symptom description, one may rush to conclude Macro Scheduler debugger is of the culprit.
1. It would be helpful if you could show us a portion of your Macro Scheduler script.
2. For the debugger, do you mean the one in Macro Scheduler Editor?
3. How do you carry out the debugging? By pressing F8?

I don't entirely rely upon Macro Scheduler debugger. Normally I prefer to insert multiple Message> commands so that I know with certainty how the script is running under different if-conditions. It's a lot quicker than the debugger.

Cheers,
Armstrong Wong
Hong Kong

Bob Hansen
Automation Wizard

Post by Bob Hansen » Sat Dec 14, 2002 5:18 pm

Let me be more clear re my symptoms. I see the problem just be clicking the mouse in the editor. I don't need to start the debug process. Keyboard editing works OK, but mouse click gives error message and MacroScheduler closes and has to be restarted.

I don't know if this is the same thing that FS is seeing. It was his problem that started this thread, and I thought my problem/error message might be the same thing.

armsys
Automation Wizard

Post by armsys » Sun Dec 15, 2002 2:01 am

Hi Bob,

Almost always it's nearly impossible to help resolve technical issues without reading the original script.

On the other hand, displaying all relevant values by Mesage> is my preferred debugging method.

Good luck.

Cheers,
Armstrong Wong

Bob Hansen
Automation Wizard

Post by Bob Hansen » Sun Dec 15, 2002 3:59 am

Hello Armstrong....I will try again to be explain what is happening.

This is not the result of a script trying to position the mouse. These comments apply to the creation and editing of a Macro script.

I am not having a problem when trying to debug a script.

I am having the problem in all scripts when I click the mouse on any line in the Macro Scheduler editor. (Just positioning the mouse to block for cut and paste triggers the error. Typing in text, using tabs, arrows, page up/down, etc. are not a problem, so I have been able to work around the issue.)

Thanks for trying to help out, but running a script is not the issue.