Login to webiste send me screenshot in gmail

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

tripfinder

Login to webiste send me screenshot in gmail

Post by tripfinder » Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:53 pm

I think I need some help.

What I'm trying to do:

I want to log into a website and navigate to a certain page. Then once there I want an emailed screenshot of that page. I would like this to run every hour. I currently have a script to log in and open this page but I am having trouble setting up the email screenshot. Any help would be appreciated. I cannot seem to get gmail to cooperate.

Thanks,

Dorian (MJT support)
Automation Wizard

Re: Login to webiste send me screenshot in gmail

Post by Dorian (MJT support) » Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:34 pm

Re sending via Gmail, this link will help.

Make sure to read the entire thread, as you'll need to enable 2FA and then create an app password.
Yes, we have a Custom Scripting Service. Message me or go here

VBprayer

Post by VBprayer » Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:57 am

I'm having trouble understanding your instructions regarding re-sending via Gmail. Could you please provide further clarification? Additionally, I would appreciate it if you could elaborate on the process. Would you mind explaining in more detail what you mean by enabling 2FA (Two-Factor Authentication) and creating an app password? Thank you.

Dorian (MJT support)
Automation Wizard

Post by Dorian (MJT support) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:55 am

I'm wondering if you read through the entire thread I linked to. If you click the link to creating an app password in that thread it contains an explanation and instructions for app passwords. There wasn't instructions to add 2FA as that's a Google thing and not a Macro Scheduler thing, but I have just added a link to the Google instructions at the end of that thread. So everything you need is there now.

I tested the entire process yesterday to ensure nothing has changed, and I was able to successfully send myself an email via Macro Scheduler using the new gmail account.
Yes, we have a Custom Scripting Service. Message me or go here