stolen_codes

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

robsmith

stolen_codes

Post by robsmith » Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:47 pm

I have a recently cloned computer where Macro Scheduler 14 was running for years.
On the cloned instance of the computer, Macro Scheduler Pro 15 and Macro Scheduler 15 runtime were both installed (because there are multiple user accounts on this computer, which is running a server OS.).

On this new computer, I saw the following popup with, with a Macro Scheduler titlebar:
Invalid at the top level of the document.
Line 1
QUERY: SELECT * FROM stolen_codes WHERE

Is this an indication that I installed the new software improperly?

Dorian (MJT support)
Automation Wizard

Re: stolen_codes

Post by Dorian (MJT support) » Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:07 am

It may think it's stolen as it's cloned. I would always suggest using the installation file.

If you still need help, please email support with your registered email address and license codes, and we'll happily see how we can help. If possible please email us from the registered email address.
Yes, we have a Custom Scripting Service. Message me or go here

robsmith

Re: stolen_codes

Post by robsmith » Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:25 pm

Thank you! I will do that. The company bought new licenses and I used the new installers on the new server. I think it is the older MS14 version that may be inappropriately cloned.
I will get it resolved and ensure the company is 100% compliant and paying for the correct licenses.
I wanted the IT department to create a new server and not clone the old one, now I have proof of why cloning the OS was a bad idea™.