Macroscheduler script editor not loading/blank

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

Krep
Junior Coder

Macroscheduler script editor not loading/blank

Post by Krep » Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:42 pm

Hello!

I have rebooted hard & soft and still can't seem to make this problem go away.

When I try to open the macroscheduler script editor, the window is blank and won't maximize/show on screen. I cannot see or access the macroscheduler intro screen where you choose a script file. When I hover over the Windows status bar icon for macroscheduler, the preview window is just a black or sometimes white rectangle. The last thing I was doing was recording a script, which I abandoned in progress. But since then I have rebooted multiple times and can't seem to get macroscheduler to show the IDE/script editor. I can still starts scripts outside the IDE and they run ok.

Dorian (MJT support)
Automation Wizard

Re: Macroscheduler script editor not loading/blank

Post by Dorian (MJT support) » Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:34 pm

We have only ever had this reported once before, in 2017, and it related to screen scaling on a Surface Pro (link).

If it's not that my best guess is it sounds like a file somewhere may have become corrupted. I'd be inclined to uninstall/reinstall carefully following these steps.
Yes, we have a Custom Scripting Service. Message me or go here

Krep
Junior Coder

Post by Krep » Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:42 pm

thanks Dorian! I will give it a shot...

Krep
Junior Coder

Post by Krep » Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:05 pm

Uninstall / reinstall worked.

For what it's worth, I do have 2 4k monitors, and one of them is in portrait mode (2560x1440) while the other is in landscape (3440x1440). They don't seem to "scale" the images when windows go back and forth, like I've seen on machines with 2 monitors with radically different resolutions... Anyway, playing with the windows scaling features didn't seem to do anything, but I gave up quickly and tried the reinstall instead.

I subscribed since you guys give such great support. Have a great day!