Errors

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

Pavlov

Errors

Post by Pavlov » Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:43 pm

Dear collegues,
I have a probleme.
when after recording new macro i constantly recieve error like The specified file was not found.
What should I do
Thank you for your advice

Dorian (MJT support)
Automation Wizard

Re: Errors

Post by Dorian (MJT support) » Wed Jul 19, 2023 2:04 pm

This is uaually a permissions problem, or you have some security software blocking the macro recorder.

To check the permissions problem- what happens if you manually create a new macro in the same group you are trying to record into? File/New and then just type some random text, then save and give it a name. Does that work - does it successfully save the macro and can you reopen it?

If so then the recorder should also be able to save because it uses the exact same path. So if the above works but the recorder doesn't then it's not permissions but more likely some security software/setting blocking the macro recorder. We've had times where some third party anti-virus tool has decided that the macro recorder is a keylogger because they use the same methods - in effect a macro recorder IS a keylogger. But a keylogger usually does it secretly and sends the keystrokes to someone else! So an AV tool will sometimes see the same pattern and assume Macro Scheduler is bad simply because it uses the same APIs as a keylogger. It then halts it or deletes the file it produces and that of course causes a problem.
Yes, we have a Custom Scripting Service. Message me or go here