Having trouble installing ChromeDriver

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

LottyDotty42

Having trouble installing ChromeDriver

Post by LottyDotty42 » Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:15 am

I am new to Macro Scheduler and I am having trouble getting the ChromeDriver working. I got and error and saw the instructions at https://help.mjtnet.com/article/344-chr ... nary-names

It says my Chrome Version needs to match the ChromeDriver version. However, my current chrome version is Version 114.0.5735.199 (Official Build) (64-bit) but on https://chromedriver.chromium.org/ the latest version is 114.0.5735.133.. so would I need to reinstall my Chrome to that lower version?

Also, all of the Macro Schedule documentation refers to ChromeDriver.exe however when I download the latest version, its a zip file with a bunch of files and none of the files are ChromeDriver.exe. There was a file called chrome.exe so I unzipped all of the files into a folder called ChromeDriver and pointed to that file, but I wasn't sure if I was doing that right either..

Let>CHROMEDRIVER_EXE=c:\ChromeDriver\chrome.exe

Thanks

Dorian (MJT support)
Automation Wizard

Re: Having trouble installing ChromeDriver

Post by Dorian (MJT support) » Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:01 am

ChromeDriver 114.0.5735.90 should be fine for Chrome 114.0.5735.199. Those are the same versions I'm using.

It sounds like you may have downloaded the wrong zip.

Go here (which you access from here) and download chromedriver_win32.zip.

That zipfile should contain chromedriver.exe. That's the file you need to extract and place somewhere.

So if you extract it to a folder you've created (c:\ChromeDriver) then this would be correct :

Code: Select all

Let>CHROMEDRIVER_EXE=c:\ChromeDriver\chrome.exe
Yes, we have a Custom Scripting Service. Message me or go here