( ? ) Artificial Intelligence (AI)

Anything Really. Just keep it clean!

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

JRL
Automation Wizard

( ? ) Artificial Intelligence (AI)

Post by JRL » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:13 pm

:?: Has anyone succeeded in accomplishing anything useful using one of the popular AI programs? For example, has anyone had AI create or even help create a useful and functioning Macro Scheduler script? Several coworkers of mine tried to use ChatGPT to create a batch file a few months back but failed in their attempt. I have no details on what they tried, only their statement during a Teams meeting that they failed. Our company has now provided access to some version of Co-Pilot. I know very little about it but it shows up on the right side of the screen in Edge. I get a sense that it may be just a browser enhancement. But its existence has prompted me to ask here: Does anyone have any useful insight into how AI might be used to provide useful outcomes? "Bananas are berries but strawberries are not", though mildly interesting, is not a useful data point for my daily activities.

Thoughts? Opinions?
Thank you,
Dick

Grovkillen
Automation Wizard

Re: ( ? ) Artificial Intelligence (AI)

Post by Grovkillen » Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:47 am

Just tried it and even though ChatGPT can correctly identify what Macro Scheduler is it will consistently write an incorrect syntax. It will say that it's the correct syntax up until I give it a code which is correct syntax then it will do a 180 and agree that my code is better.
Let>ME=%Script%

Running: 15.0.24
version history

JRL
Automation Wizard

Post by JRL » Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:20 pm

So not likely to surpass the capabilities of the built in Wizards any time soon?

Thank you Grovkillen. Always appreciate your insights.

Grovkillen
Automation Wizard

Post by Grovkillen » Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:21 pm

I doubt it. :o
Let>ME=%Script%

Running: 15.0.24
version history