Seperate Data from MSched.exe?

General Macro Scheduler discussion

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

forkmantis

Seperate Data from MSched.exe?

Post by forkmantis » Fri Nov 29, 2002 2:45 pm

I would like to be able to install Macro Scheduler on my c: drive, but keep all of the data for it in a folder on a seperate drive. What I'm trying to accomplish is the ability for me to ghost my c: drive and restore from that ghosted image without nuking any new macros that I've written since the ghost image was created. I know I can set the location of macro groups to any place I like... but what other files will I need to keep on my alternate drive? The *.dat files? msched.gid? *.ini? And is there a way to configure Msched to run with these files being stored elsewhere besides the default location?

If the above is not possible, I'm thinking of writing a macro that copies the necesary files to an alternate location on a scheduled basis, so that after restoring my c: drive from a ghosted image, I can just overwrite the contents of the Msched folder with the backed up files.

Any thoughts on this matter would be greatly appreciated.
will

Marcus Tettmar
Site Admin

Post by Marcus Tettmar » Fri Nov 29, 2002 2:58 pm

Hi,

macros.dat, groups.ini and groups.dat store info about the macro schedules and settings and groups and must be in the same directory as msched.exe

msched.hlp and msched.cnt make up the help system and can be anywhere you like but would need to be in the same folder as msched.exe if you want to access the help file from Macro Scheduler. msched.gid is created by windows when you first open the help file.

hooklib.dll needs to be in the same directory as msched.exe or you could put it in the Windows system directory, but is only needed by the Macro Recorder.

Hope this answers your questions.
Marcus Tettmar
http://mjtnet.com/blog/ | http://twitter.com/marcustettmar

Did you know we are now offering affordable monthly subscriptions for Macro Scheduler Standard?