Problem with new install

General Macro Scheduler discussion

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

kevinkalexander

Problem with new install

Post by kevinkalexander » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:22 pm

We have currently installed Macro Scheduler onto two client workstations that we're going to do development on. On both workstations, we've created a single line script that makes a call to WaitScreenImage. When the command is executed, we get the error "Cannot create file when that file already exists!". It happens on both machines. Both machines are "identical" VM's running Win7 SP1 64bit. When we go to the server on Server 2003 and try this, the script works as expected. If we compile the script and copy it to one of the workstations, the EXE runs as expected.

It seems to be something environmental with their Win7, since that's the only place that we can reproduce the problem. But how do I prove it? Any other suggestions on how to isolate the problem? Anything to consider from a Macro Scheduler perspective? By luck, has anyone ran into this problem before?

Please help - it is appreciated. BTW, we've checked all the file permissions on the needle file and it's totally read/write for all users, as is the directory the image is in.
Kevin K Alexander

Marcus Tettmar
Site Admin

Re: Problem with new install

Post by Marcus Tettmar » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:42 am

I'm not sure what this is to be honest but I wonder if it's worth trying to clear down your temp files. Just wondering if it's trying to create a temporary file and failing?
Marcus Tettmar
http://mjtnet.com/blog/ | http://twitter.com/marcustettmar

Did you know we are now offering affordable monthly subscriptions for Macro Scheduler Standard?

armsys
Automation Wizard

Re: Problem with new install

Post by armsys » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:56 pm

kevinkalexander wrote:...When the command is executed, we get the error "Cannot create file when that file already exists!".
Can you guess which file(s) the OS is trying to create?