Close Google Chrome

General Macro Scheduler discussion

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

JasonP

Close Google Chrome

Post by JasonP » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:41 pm

I am new to MacroScheduler but loving it!

Quick Question: I want to write a macro that checks if Google Chrome is open and if so then to close it. I am not sure that using a window name will work because the window name could be anything because it is based on the web page that you are on, as far as I can tell.

I would be very grateful for any help you can provide.

Thanks,

Jason P.

JRL
Automation Wizard

Re: Close Google Chrome

Post by JRL » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:24 am

You might instead look for the Google Chrome process then if it exists kill it. I'm guessing Chrome's process name is chrome.exe. If not change the code to match the process name. This should work.

Code: Select all

ProcessExists>Chrome.exe,res
If>res=True
  KillProcess>Chrome.exe
EndIf

JasonP

Post by JasonP » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:34 pm

Thanks so much for your help! This worked perfectly. :D

mithanbabag

Post by mithanbabag » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:56 am

The forums were updated today (April 28, 2014). Since the forum's source html is now completely different, the old forum watching script will no longer work. So here's a new one that is a little less functional (no snooze for example) but will still report changes to the forum.

This script's function is to present a dialog that displays the current count of new posts and the current users on the forum. The script requires Macro Scheduler version 14.1. It makes use of the new html viewer object added to dialogs in March 2014. Once the script is run and the dialog displays, clicking the leftmost button will bring up the Macro Scheduler forum in your default browser. If you want to change the location for the dialog you will need to edit the ini file manually. The file is kept in your temp folder and is named MS_reader.ini.

Hopefully someone will find this useful.