Create executable problems

General Macro Scheduler discussion

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

S1013

Create executable problems

Post by S1013 » Thu Nov 14, 2002 8:19 pm

:evil:
I have a macro that does a Microsoft Mail Merge that runs fine. I created an executable from this & it does not operate the same when it runs. It starts, opens the document & displays a Control Toolbox? & then STOPS. The Macro opens the document. runs the mail merge & presses enter when the default printer selection is displayed & prints the document.
Any ideas? Doing something wrong or bugs in the product?

support
Automation Wizard

Post by support » Fri Nov 15, 2002 9:18 am

Probably something in the macro that depends on the way it is run. i.e. it obviously likes being run from within Macro Scheduler. Probably need to give consideration to application focus etc.

Does the script run any other macros using the Macro> command - bear in mind that this wouldn't work from a compiled macro - because this command only runs macros inside Macro Scheduler. You'd need to give consideration to making the macro run standalone. If it calls any other macros, you'd need to incorporate those (use subroutines), or convert them into EXEs and replace the Macro> command with Run> for the exes.

If you like, send the script file to [email protected] and we will offer suggestions and/or see if there is something we need to address.
MJT Net Support
[email protected]