7.2.031 Groups Not Listed

General Macro Scheduler discussion

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

Bob Hansen
Automation Wizard

7.2.031 Groups Not Listed

Post by Bob Hansen » Mon Apr 14, 2003 3:16 pm

I just installed the released version 7.2.031 over 7.1.18. After install, none of the previous macro groups were listed. I am now going to have to import them. This was not happening during the beta testing. Existing groups were always there when doing an upgrade.
Hope this was helpful..................good luck,
Bob
A humble man and PROUD of it!

support
Automation Wizard

Post by support » Mon Apr 14, 2003 4:37 pm

Hi,

This suggests you installed incorrectly and chose the full install. This would overwrite your groups and macro settings with the sample files.

Since it was fine during beta but not with this latest install, and since there is nothing at all different about the install routines, this has to be the cause.
MJT Net Support
[email protected]

Bob Hansen
Automation Wizard

Post by Bob Hansen » Mon Apr 14, 2003 4:52 pm

Yes, I did install with Full install. I would ususally do that in case there are new sample macros attached. With new features added, how would we know if new samples were included or not? I will remove, reinstall 7.1.18, and do a new install of 7.2.031 not selecting full install.....stay tuned.
Bob

Bob Hansen
Automation Wizard

Post by Bob Hansen » Mon Apr 14, 2003 5:26 pm

You were correct. I did a new install over 7.1.18 selecting the limited install for upgrades and the existing folders did come in OK. But doing this left out the example script for Dialog Example. We would not know that we did not get this script if we do the limited install and miss out on having that example.

Maybe future install options should be different, providing option to update sample scripts as well as copying existing group folders? Since I already did a full install and made a copy for this testing process, I can copy the Dialog Example.scp, but what about others who will do the install correctly the first time?
Bob