Running Macro Scheduler In Terminal Server

General Macro Scheduler discussion

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

ascool67

Running Macro Scheduler In Terminal Server

Post by ascool67 » Wed Apr 02, 2003 5:51 pm

I have installed Macro Scheduler on a Windows 2000 Server while in a Terminal Server Session. I am having problems getting my script to run. The TS session is still logged but it seems I have to actually be in the session watching for it to run. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated

Tony Smith

Post by Tony Smith » Thu Apr 17, 2003 4:16 pm

I have been running MSched on a Win2000 server, using Terminal Services for a couple of years.

The issue could be that, if you are sending keystrokes from your script to the screen, then you have to have a session logged in to the session running the macro, or have the console active.

There is a way to run Msched as a service, but it is a bit klunkey. There are directions on this site on how to do that. We decided that the extra monitor was the most efficient. At first we resurected an old PC as a monitor through TS as the TS equipment requirements are minimal.

The way I handle this is to run a TS session on my desktop and display it on a second monitor in dual-screen mode. that way, I keep my eye on what is going on and can continue working on my desktop.

Because Msched can run more that one session at a time, I also use another TS session to write scripts and perform maintenance on the server.